Going into the Nether causes eventual timeout and restart of

jasoomian
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Going into the Nether causes eventual timeout and restart of

Post by jasoomian »

Having an issue with my NFO server timing out while going into the Nether.

Currently running the latest build of Tekkit (and it's mods) and 1.6.4 version of MineCraft.

I had previously thought that the issue was because we were using a world generated (with a nether portal) with Minecraft 1.5.2 and Tekkit 1.26b on a Minecraft 1.6.4 and latest build of Tekkit world (that sentence made sense in my head). With the server seeming timing out every five minutes (not related to entering or leaving the nether) we instituted a scorched earth policy, updated everything and started a complete new world.

This included removing everything but the exec_username.jar file in my servers folder and uploading the latest .jar of Tekkit.

Yay.

However, on this world as well, once I built the nether portal and tried to go in -- server timed out and disconnected my session. Forcing me to restart the server before I can join again.

Anyone else having this issue? I am a complete noob on dissecting issues with Minecraft servers, so, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Going into the Nether causes eventual timeout and restar

Post by kraze »

You should try disabling Tekkit and running the server at vanilla to see if it happens then. This will give you an idea of where to look. If it doesn't happen when Tekkit is on the server you know that is likely the cause and can shape your troubleshooting.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!