Minecraft Server shutting down..

drew
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Server shutting down..

Post by drew »

I was directed to the forums for support. So i am trying to run a Modpack for me and my friends to play on a server with.. now im not sure how to set it up.. friend said just copy \ paste the files in the server and it should work.. so i do that and it is working. We're playing in the server and it randomly shuts down.. probally due to incorrect installation.. so i got to control panel and look at event logs and see if anything is going on..

Code: Select all

Extremely high error rate 
Mar 12 2014 06:30:28 AM PT	 Your server is putting out errors at an extremely high rate of over 1000 lines of errors in the last minute alone. The system has disabled streaming console output on the "Server control" page for your server until its next restart as a result of this.
You should look into your server and its plugins to find and resolve the root of this problem ASAP.
and

High-usage restart 
Mar 12 2014 02:50:33 AM PT	 Your server was found to have been using >225% CPU usage for 900 seconds and was automatically restarted at this time.

If you expect this degree of CPU usage for your server under normal conditions, please contact us, and we can look into an exception to these automated restarts for you.
Now I'm not sure how to fix this problem I've never ran a server with a modpack only vanilla minecraft.. if someone could help me install this modpack or send me in the right direction of installing i would be truly grateful
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Minecraft Server shutting down..

Post by kraze »

What type of modpack are you installing and what does your server log say?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
drew
New to forums
New to forums

Post by drew »

It's Feed the beast Hat Pack modpack made by these people it was just released like yesterday or day before
http://www.hatfilms.co.uk/page/index.html

i was just searching and found this

Here's how to create a working server:

Set up a modded 1.6.4 server as you normally would (google if you don't know how) make sure you use the same forge version as the pack (9.11.1.965) 

Next simply copy everything over from the HatPack folder found in your FeedTheBeast directory. Then remove the following mods from the mods folder:

neiaddons-mc164-1.10.4.64.jar
NEIPlugins-1.1.0.6.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.8.jar
Waila_1.5.1.zip
ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip
[1.6.4]ArmorStatusHUDv1.15.zip
[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev5.2.zip

That's it. Of course make sure to change your level-type to BIOMSOP in the server properties, and I definitely recommend increasing your start-up memory and MaxPermSize in your start.bat as these mods take a fair bit more space than a vanilla server
maybe the server is crashing because its running out of memory? idk

edit - i have a 10 slot 512mb gameserver
edit 2 - serverlog ..
[WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar
minecraft_server.jar"
2014-03-12 13:04:40 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Those were the only things i found that stood out to me.. the rest was just connecting disconnecting \ saving world etc
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It's very possible. I don't recommend you attempt to run any modpack with less than 1GB of memory. That's about the base line.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
drew
New to forums
New to forums

Post by drew »

Yesterday bought more player slots for more memory.. now i have 1.5gb.

got this error

2014-03-13 14:55:31 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
2014-03-13 14:55:37 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
2014-03-13 14:55:54 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
	at java.lang.StackTraceElement.equals(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_85069_a(CrashReportCategory.java:153)
	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85057_a(CrashReport.java:259)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72914_a(World.java:4418)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:662)
	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
i need even more memory?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Looks like you are just running out of PermGen. If you open a request with us via the "help" tab in your control panel we can adjust this amount for you.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
drew
New to forums
New to forums

Post by drew »

Thanks for the help! problem is solved.