Add a Map Picture

QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Add a Map Picture

Post by QuickQAnonymous »

Hello!

I would like, just for fun, to add a picture of the world/map. How do I do this? Thanks!
Quezaltsin
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Add a Map Picture

Post by Quezaltsin »

What kind of map?

Google Earth kind of map or just like a snapshot image?

I used to use DynMap on my server. Let you set up a kind_of_a_webpage that would give you a flat, or 3d isometric image of any generated land.
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

A picture of the world I suppose. For like on the status page of the control panel.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

That really isn't feasible with Minecraft due to everyone having a unique map. That system works by calling an image with whatever the name of the current map is, if one exist it will display it and if it doesn't it will display a generic one. It's technically achievable, but it's just not worth it since the image would only work for you and only as long as you keep the same world.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Quezaltsin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Quezaltsin »

Maybe get a mod that pre-generates your seed and then use dynmap to get a neat snapshot.
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

kraze wrote:That really isn't feasible with Minecraft due to everyone having a unique map. That system works by calling an image with whatever the name of the current map is, if one exist it will display it and if it doesn't it will display a generic one. It's technically achievable, but it's just not worth it since the image would only work for you and only as long as you keep the same world.
Oh ok I understand. With battlefield etc you have only certain maps available; with Minecraft you have billions worlds available. I see. Ok thanks.
Quezaltsin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Quezaltsin »

QuickQAnonymous wrote:
kraze wrote:That really isn't feasible with Minecraft due to everyone having a unique map. That system works by calling an image with whatever the name of the current map is, if one exist it will display it and if it doesn't it will display a generic one. It's technically achievable, but it's just not worth it since the image would only work for you and only as long as you keep the same world.
Oh ok I understand. With battlefield etc you have only certain maps available; with Minecraft you have billions worlds available. I see. Ok thanks.
Yeah there are plenty of variables.

Seeds, Biome Size, Mods that add stuff.

It's "possible" but there is just some doing... to do.... do.