Running Forge

JackBlades
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Running Forge

Post by JackBlades »

Hello,

I am trying to run Forge, forge-1.10.2-12.18.1.2095-universal.

I have selected the forge-1.10.2-12.18.1.2095-universal.jar file to start the server with via the control panel.

The server doesn't start and I get several error messages on the console window. There is no messages in the log folder.
The error messages are:

Code: Select all

... 8 more
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:62)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:31)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
How can I get this to work?

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Running Forge

Post by Edge100x »

From what I'm reading with the results on Google, it looks like you need to upload the corresponding Minecraft server .jar to the same folder as your Forge .jar, as it tries to load it. If it can't load it, that log4j apparently shows.
JackBlades
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JackBlades »

Thanks for the quick reply Edge100x!

I saw the same thing online. I actually have the minecraft server jar right next to the Forge jar. I downloaded that jar from https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game/1.1 ... server.jar which is the latest 1.10.2 server jar on https://mcversions.net/#1.10.2

I have tried that file as server.jar and even renamed it to minecraft-server.jar with no luck each time.
JackBlades
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JackBlades »

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any idea? Anyone ever install forge on their NFO server?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

Did you first run it locally? Forge needs certain libraries to be downloaded and it seems to not always download them in a headless environment.
JackBlades
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JackBlades »

hiimcody1 wrote:Did you first run it locally? Forge needs certain libraries to be downloaded and it seems to not always download them in a headless environment.
Yes, I have run it locally successfully. I understand Forge needs certain libraries, how do I make sure the NFO servers have these dependencies?

If anyone has installed Forge on an NFO server before I'd love to hear how they did it.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

JackBlades wrote:Yes, I have run it locally successfully. I understand Forge needs certain libraries, how do I make sure the NFO servers have these dependencies?

If anyone has installed Forge on an NFO server before I'd love to hear how they did it.
If it ran, and launched successfully locally, all you should need to do is upload the directory where it lives (excluding server.properties) to your server and then try starting it. Depending on the version of MC you are running, you MAY need to set the java version to 8 on your Server Control panel. I have ran Forge modpacks successfully on our shared hosting as parts of my testing and when helping customers.
JackBlades
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JackBlades »

hiimcody1 wrote:
JackBlades wrote:Yes, I have run it locally successfully. I understand Forge needs certain libraries, how do I make sure the NFO servers have these dependencies?

If it ran, and launched successfully locally, all you should need to do is upload the directory where it lives (excluding server.properties) to your server and then try starting it. Depending on the version of MC you are running, you MAY need to set the java version to 8 on your Server Control panel. I have ran Forge modpacks successfully on our shared hosting as parts of my testing and when helping customers.
Thank you hiim. I will try that