Random Server crashes and Plugin Issues

Evonodk
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Random Server crashes and Plugin Issues

Post by Evonodk »

Hi there,

So i've had some tickets regarding TownyChat issues and server crashes lately. I've tried multiple things, but now I've run out of ideas. When the server on NFOServers starts up, Townychat is not enabled, and needs to be manually enabled. With the exact server plugins and configurations on a private server, it does start up however. Something else that has been bugging me, is the fact that the server randomly crashes multiple times throughout the day, with little to no traces of what caused it. I recorded the entire log and pasted the last lines here: http://pastebin.com/TdwWh6Hr
Do you have any idea why it doesn't work on NFOservers but works on a private server? I've also completely removed LimitedCreative, just in case that was the issue. However the issue still remains.
Evonodk
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Random Server crashes and Plugin Issues

Post by Evonodk »

Unfortunately this issue still persists, and I am still unsure what is causing it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

What you pasted doesn't show a whole lot -- but does indicate that the server is shutting down instead of crashing. It starts around here:

Code: Select all

[12:37:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Evono issued server command: /n byzantium
[12:37:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [PLAYER_COMMAND] Evono: /n byzantium
[12:37:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping the server
[12:37:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
If that doesn't correspond to a shutdown command through our control panel, it'd be best to start by looking for a plugin that might be handling the "/n" command -- perhaps one of them thinks that it means something other than what the admin thinks, or it is triggering an update process, or something along those lines.

If you have a way of turning on more debugging messages with your plugins, please do that.
Evonodk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evonodk »

Hi Edge,

I appreciate the swift response! I enabled all debug messages in every plugin that is installed, and this is the output the server sent when it crashed ~10 minutes ago.
http://pastebin.com/Jx5t6g96

I hope this is useful. If there's anything else you need of me to help resolve and locate this problem, please do say so.

Kind Regards,

Anders Knudsen.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It doesn't look like your crash is in this output, so I can't tell if these messages are related to it. What you posted suggests that you may be having some problems with the ViaVersion plugin that are triggering warnings.

I'm not really an expert on troubleshooting Minecraft plugins, though.
Evonodk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evonodk »

Hi Edge,

I apologize for not clarifying earlier. The issue seems to be that the server automatically shuts down as it spikes in memory usage. The weird thing however, is when I check the memory usage of the plugins at anytime it's not an issue. Whether or not dynmap is loading or multiple players are using ships, the amount of RAM that is used is no way near the maximum. Yet at these random intervals some plugin appears to spike causing the server to shutdown. I am unsure which plugin it is however, or if it is something else.

P.S In terms of ViaVersion I am confident that is not the issue, as the problem persisted beforehand, sorry for not clarifying.

Kind Regards,

Evo
Evonodk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Evonodk »

This issue is still relevant. The crashes continue to occur.