Minecraft Forge 1.12.2

BC332
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Forge 1.12.2

Post by BC332 »

I'm trying to set up Forge 1.12.2 on the server me and my friends have but when I do this,
I only get:
forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854.jar
and
minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar
Some people say that they use a forge.jar that has universal at the end of its name, but I don't really know what I'm doing, and when the server actually starts up, the mods aren't detected although in the "mods" folder
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Minecraft Forge 1.12.2

Post by Vanderburg »

Have you tried following this guide?

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14862

It should get you where you need to go.
BC332
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BC332 »

Yeah, I've tried a few times.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I was going to test this, but I apparently don't have Java installed and I don't have time to go through everything this morning. I'll give it a go this evening if no one else does first.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

When installing Forge, you have to download the installer and run it locally, selecting the extract server option. Once you do that, the directory it extracts to will have these contents:

Code: Select all

libraries
1.12.2.json
forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854.jar
minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar
All of those need to be uploaded to your server's FTP.

Once that is done, you'd just need to go to your Server Control tab and select the Forge jar.
BC332
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BC332 »

hiimcody1, I've done that many times and it doesn't work. Respectfully, I don't think you were paying attention to what I said.

Also the server was working last night but when I changed the mod folder once, it stopped working again.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

BC332 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:53 am hiimcody1, I've done that many times and it doesn't work. Respectfully, I don't think you were paying attention to what I said.

Also the server was working last night but when I changed the mod folder once, it stopped working again.
I'm sorry for the confusion here. What I should have prefaced this with when I responded to this thread yesterday is that I followed those steps I outlined, on your server, before I responded here to ensure you know the proper steps to follow, should you choose to manually configure Forge again in the future.

I chose a test server yesterday and it happened to be yours that came up when I searched the system for someone trying to run Forge 1.12.2 and failing.

I'm sorry to hear that you made further changes that caused it to misbehave again. Please check the logs folder on your FTP, Minecraft is very verbose about logging and will generally tell you exactly what is wrong. If you added more mods, they may have dependencies that also need to be uploaded.