Regarding Minecraft 1.8

Vidal
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Regarding Minecraft 1.8

Post by Vidal »

First let me start out by saying your servers are absolutely amazing. I've played on my friends for awhile with no lag or any problems. Now for my question. Since the 1.8 update for Minecraft is coming soon I was wondering if I purchase a server when will I be able to actually make it a 1.8 server? The exact release date, week later, a month? Whatever the case is, I will definitely be buying my server from this company.

Thanks,
Vidal
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Regarding Minecraft 1.8

Post by kraze »

We work on game updates as soon as they are released. Usually within an hour we can get the server fully updated, depending on the game and the size of the update.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Vidal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vidal »

This is a big update so it may take longer than usual. Thanks for the quick reply.

:)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Assuming that the MC servers do not get over loaded when trying to pull the update it shouldn't take long at all. I would estimate an hour.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

With official Minecraft updates, we roll out the update as soon as we see it and briefly test it, and customers have the option to switch to the new version through the "Server control" page in our control panel when they are ready for it. Customers can also manually upload their own copy of the Minecraft .jar file and switch to that through the control panel if they wish to apply the update sooner.

With 1.8, I am certain that it will be an option in our control panel within 24 hours. I would not recommend that clients update to it until the new Bukkit is released, however.

The latest rumor is that 1.8 will be released on September 12. Currently, there's a "leak" (which seems to have been intentional, to allow server operators to test the new version) floating around.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

The leak apparently crashes alot. My son is using it, and it seems to be iffy at times.

I agree it's an intentional leak. You find some games let a copy leak 2-3 days before the actual release. In most cases, I think this would be better. Lower the demand on everyone downloading at the same time.

Wait till BF3 release. It's requirements stat 15GB HD space available. So If the game is anywhere near or half of that, it's going to be a download nightmare for the first 2-3 days.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
coupsan
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by coupsan »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:The leak apparently crashes alot. My son is using it, and it seems to be iffy at times.

I agree it's an intentional leak. You find some games let a copy leak 2-3 days before the actual release. In most cases, I think this would be better. Lower the demand on everyone downloading at the same time.

Wait till BF3 release. It's requirements stat 15GB HD space available. So If the game is anywhere near or half of that, it's going to be a download nightmare for the first 2-3 days.
If the leak is crashing, try lowering your view distance. I was getting memory leak errors until I did that. Apparently the crash is the primary reason Mojang hasn't done an official release yet.

Also, it's most definitely an official "leak"; both 1.8 user and server clients are available for download from a subdomain of theirs.
Vidal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vidal »

Minecraft 1.8 has now been officially released. I'm planning on purchasing a server this weekend if you have everything updated. Once you do, would you mind posting on here for confirmation?

Thanks,
Vidal
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We rolled out MC 1.8 to our base folders earlier this morning. Bukkit still hasn't updated, but you can track that here: http://twitter.com/#!/Craftbukkit
Vidal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vidal »

Awesome! Thanks a bunch.