Minecraft brand new server

arcticmunkii
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft brand new server

Post by arcticmunkii »

Thank god I have found this site, it's fantastic xD I just hope that I will get an answer to this question as fast :P

Basicly its amazing no lag, what it says on the tin 100% perfect however when I install craft bukkit and bukkit essentials via the auto install tab on the controll panel then go to my ftp client click on permissions there is nothing in there O.o for me to creat and/or edit the permissions have I done somethign wrong?

Also is there a recomended program when editing the files because in plugins>bukkit essentials>config its all a huge lump of text :S

Last thing I accidently chose 10 man when I only want 5 how can i change before the 2 days trial runs out and you charge me, sorry to be a pain...

Arcticmunkii
nutz
A regular
A regular

Re: Minecraft brand new server

Post by nutz »

go configure a server like you were buying a new one setup the way that you want it and then at the bottom choose "this is a change to an existing server" and select your server
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

nutz was addressing the last question there.

When editing the permissions file, are you using the File manager page in the control panel?
arcticmunkii
New to forums
New to forums

Post by arcticmunkii »

No I was using the ftp client...
arcticmunkii
New to forums
New to forums

Post by arcticmunkii »

There isnt one in the file manager :S

also nothing shows up in essentialy config andf I have no file to create kits...
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

The best way to edit config files from FTP is to fully download the file, say, to your desktop, then open it with something other than Notepad, which doesn't like the formatting of the YAML files. I use Textpad (http://textpad.com/), but a lot of people prefer Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/). Even WordPad will work, fairly decently. Once you've edited the file, you can then upload it back to the server and overwrite the old one.

Also, remember, in the plugin configurations, they use YAML and everything that looks like a tab, is really a number of spaces, so you have to be careful, or it won't be able to load the plugin.
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

try restarting the server if u auto installed and nothing is showing up
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM