The 100 man server(minecraft)

lookatmego
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

The 100 man server(minecraft)

Post by lookatmego »

Hey there everyone,

I have had a server with nfo for a bit now and they are great for a 20 man server. However I am merging with 2 other communities and we are now in need of a bigger server. The option we need is the 100 man server + cpu priority from nfo. Now I am not sure how this will handle our players and plugins so here is what it needs to do:

hold 100 players + 3-4 worlds with zero to no lag.

I understand that plugins may cause lag however we also know how to use our plugins and optimize our servers. Therefore anyone have any experience with this know if nfo is the place for this or no?Please be honest
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: The 100 man server(minecraft)

Post by Edge100x »

NFO is the best place to go in terms of performance -- we actually guarantee that. If you can do it at all, you can definitely do it here.

The main limiting factor for you will be how demanding your plugins are.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

The idea behind the values given for Minecraft server (By players and RAM allocation) is that you can get a better idea of what you need. The 100 player server will hold 100 players, but will probably not hold 100 players and a bunch of plugins. The number was arrived at testing vanilla MC (We can't possibly test possible plugin configurations, there's just too many). So if you are using Vanilla, you can use the player count. If you are on Bukkit with plenty of plugins, you can use the RAM values to make the most educated decision about what you need for your server.
lookatmego
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lookatmego »

yes I actually did get the 100 man server and I had my plugins all on and 95 players and had 0 to no lag! There was some chat performance issues however but thats normal for all servers and wasn't for long. Great server!

If someone IS reading this and is having same question as me I highly suggest taking at least a shot at the 2 day free trial! It wont cost you a thing and trust me after trying it you will be hooked!I know i am...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm glad to hear that, lookatmego :). If you do have problems or feel that our service is ever not up to snuff in comparison to another provider, please don't hesitate to contact us.