Problems Configuring Scheduled Restarts for the Server

Skarian
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Problems Configuring Scheduled Restarts for the Server

Post by Skarian »

Note: This explanation can be skipped, but should be read to further Understand the issue at hand. Hello, I am trying to configure my server to automatically restart every four hours. After looking through the server control panel I realized that my server automatically restarts every 24 hours. After I learned of this I used the "Help" section to ask a technician to reconfigure that to 4 hours. He said he was unable to do so and that I should try to get a plugin from plugins.bukkit.org to do that for me. I looked on the site and found a plugin with which I was familiar, it was called the Remote Toolkit Server Wrapper. After configuring everything, and setting the server to restart from the RKit jar file, I asked the technician again to change the startup script to give 30 megabytes of RAM dedication to the Startup Jar (This is because the RKit plugin will assign the 8 GB's of RAM to the server anyway and the wrapper only needs a small amount of RAM). I asked the technician and he said I cannot because NFOServers uses their own kind of server wrapper. I again looked for plugins and came up with the AutoShutdown plugin, only to realize that this will shutdown the server and I will not be able to actually restart the server with this plugin. At this point I have tried 2/3 of the plugins that come up when you search "Restart" on plugins.bukkit.org. The last plugin I looked at was called SimpleRestart, and this plugin would not work because it also required startup script modifications.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted to explain my situation.

Now here comes my question. How can I setup my server to restart every four hours using NFOServers?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Problems Configuring Scheduled Restarts for the Server

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Do you have just a game server or is it on a VDS?
How many players are you running? Need to know if it's more than 8.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The server shutdown plugin is all you'll need. Our system automatically restarts the server when it exits.
Skarian
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Skarian »

At our peak hours we have around 60-70 people online, Im not quite sure what a VDS is btw, also I will try out the Shutdown plugin