Easy to change IP?

Unboxermail
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Easy to change IP?

Post by Unboxermail »

So, I've had my server hosted at a pretty bad company and want to move.. But I have one question that I'm a bit concerned about.. So, my previous Server had a number ip like 123.123.123, and changing that to a "Proper IP" like play.nfoservers.com worked out very well. But I've seen the example beeing "xxx.game.nfoservers.com:xxxx" with a port in the end.. Now.. I've had bad experiences with ports in the end.. Once I had a Teamspeak server where the ip was bacisly xxx.something.com:xxxx" and changing that IP wasn't possible.. So We had to stick with that ugly IP D: Now I'm concerned about your IP. Am I able to change it, and will it work 100% Perfectly? If not, is there a way we can get the number IP instead? O.o

Thanks. I know this may be a very stupid Question but I want to be sure haha.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Easy to change IP?

Post by kraze »

Hi,

The DNS that you are referring to is something that resolves to a real IP address. So XXX.vent.nfoservers.com might resolve to 192.168.1.1. It is an easier way to allow people to connect to your server incase of an IP change. Such as if you change locations or for some reason your old IP needs to be changed..etc.

Changing your actual IP (123.123..etc) is something that is not usually possible unless you move locations. Changing the DNS(XXX.vent.nfo..etc) is something we can do for it on a moments notice.

There is no reason why it shouldn't work perfectly. However if you have problems you can open a support request and a staff member can take a look.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Unboxermail
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Unboxermail »

Oh, Okay thank you. I will definitely try out your gameserver, as we already have our website/forums hosted here, and we're more than satisfied with it.

-Unboxermail :o
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am glad you are happy with your current services :) If you have anymore questions please let us know.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As an additional note here, if you are running a game server in our regular system, you can usually leave off the port number when connecting, as we run ours all on the default port.