Dynmap web config

McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dynmap web config

Post by McGarnicle »

Anyone been able to get Dynmap configured to work on the webserver included with NFO hosted minecraft?

I'd love some help getting it linked up, it looks amazing.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Dynmap web config

Post by kraze »

We have several users who run the plugin here and do not seem to have an issue.are you running in to any problems?

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =69&t=5528
that is a guide on how to set your ip for dynmap from within the plugin
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I have seen customers run this from their minecraft servers directly, but I don't know if I've seen anyone use our webhosting remotely for it yet.
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

Awesome! thanks for that link, it totally worked!

http://66.150.188.190:8123

I searched the knowledge-base and the forums and never saw a word. thanks for helping me get it running!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am glad you were able to get it going!
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Also, just to get it out there, you wouldn't be able to run dynmap from a remote webserver until you had a contab that synced the webdata from your game server to the remote webserver, so the files would actually be on the webspace. It wouldn't be able to read it from game server and this method isn't possible with our game servers.
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

yeah I looked over the wiki for configuring it on a remote webserver it and it was both way over my head and looked like things I don't have access too at my level. Glad plugging in the IP was such a simple fix.
Carbon16
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Carbon16 »

Hey all :)
I'm trying to get this working for my server also, and I am having some troubles.
I followed these instructions:
We have several users who run the plugin here and do not seem to have an issue.are you running in to any problems?

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5528
that is a guide on how to set your ip for dynmap from within the plugin
When I try to veiw my server, I'm looking at somebody elses world.
So I tried to change it to another port, and when I try to go to *that* link the page will not display, which makes me think I'm doing something else wrong entirely.
I'm just wondering what other settings I should be looking at to get this working.
I'll be cruising the plugins site to see if I can find anything there, but thanks in advance for any help :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you see someone else's dynmap configuration when you go to your IP, that means that another customer on your machine has not followed the instructions correctly. If you contact us directly via a support request, we can investigate and resolve this for you.
Carbon16
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Carbon16 »

Edge100x wrote:If you see someone else's dynmap configuration when you go to your IP, that means that another customer on your machine has not followed the instructions correctly. If you contact us directly via a support request, we can investigate and resolve this for you.
Great thanks :)
ThatBum
A regular
A regular

Post by ThatBum »

Getting Dynmap's webserver portion to run on a separate machine seems like an immense pain; there's no official support or function for it. I'd imagine it would involve setting it to sync between the two machines with a cron job or something. That would involve large amounts of bandwidth with transferring all the tile updates and streaming the players' positions and chat. It's probably less intensive just to run it internally on the gameserver.

The Dynmap Github wiki has a thing that shows you how to run the webserver from a different directory. It involves setting it to JSON mode and changing some paths in the configuration.txt, and commenting stuff out in some javascript.