Server freezing/clone/responsiveness problems

McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server freezing/clone/responsiveness problems

Post by McGarnicle »

Had some weirdness on the server. I decided to try out bukkit essentials via the autoinstall. When I did that and restarted the server was rolled back about 45 minutes and the HTML part of dynmap stopped responding.

I've removed essentials and reinstalled dynmap twice, including the config from http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =73&t=6551, and its still not responding. Any thoughts? (commands to dynmap in game work normally)

we also have one player in game with a frozen clone of himself standing in a hallway. if you damage the clone the player takes damage no matter where else they are on the map. weirdness.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server problems

Post by Edge100x »

If the restart from the autoinstall caused a rollback, it sounds as though your server was broken/frozen and not saving to disk properly.

What error messages do you see in the server.log file? You can find the last 250 lines of this file on the "File manager" page of the control panel.
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Server freezing/clone/responsiveness problems

Post by McGarnicle »

The last 250 lines are just full of chat and joins from the past day. This happened around 8pm yesterday. I have some permissions java errors in the log but that's due to my trying to learn it later that night.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When you say that it's not responding, what do you mean precisely? What event isn't happening when it should? You mentioned someone freezing in place, so are people still able to connect and play?

Does the server work normally with bukkit (and consequently dynmap and essentials) disabled?
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

right this moment everything seems fine in game for players. Emotionally they are 'over' the rollback. however a single player has this weird ghost clone hanging out. He is still able to play but if you go over to his clone and wack on it he takes damage. so theirs something weird going on there.

on a completely separate issue, (except for the fact that it started with the mysterious roll back) dynmap has stopped responding from the IP:PORT via the web. meaning no one can look at the map, its just a 404 type error. However in game dynmap seems to be running normally, it responds to commands.
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

the log does go back far enough to account for the rollback, but I found this

[SEVERE] [dynmap] Failed to start WebServer on null:8123

which at least gives me a direction to start in on tracking down the dynmap issue. I suspect the jar was corrupted or something.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That sounds like you may not have the IP properly bound for DynMap. By default, DynMap does not have an IP specified, and you need to make sure it is specifically set to your server's IP. We have a KB article on this here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =69&t=5528
TimeX
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

Yeah it is correct. It was working up until last night and then a wave of server wonk hit us. The one thing I can confirm is correct is the IP, its about all i have access to to check! any other ideas are welcome.
McGarnicle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by McGarnicle »

got the map working again, corrupted jar was the problem