Minecraft Chunk Fail

Sigong
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Chunk Fail

Post by Sigong »

My minecraft server is a 10-person server, and every time someone logs in, they fall endlessly into the void, with absolutely no chunks loading. After about 30 seconds of falling, the server will crash and I will have to manually restart it. Recently my server log also told me that the machine running my server crashed or rebooted (I can't remember which). This is getting extremely annoying. For the past 2 months, my server has worked perfectly. And now this.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Minecraft Chunk Fail

Post by kraze »

Have you opened a support request on this issue? If not click the help button in your control panel and open one so we can take a look
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We did have one machine reboot this morning. When this happened, an event was posted, and we also posted a follow-up event a short time later suggesting that anyone experiencing world corruption immediately load up the snapshot that was made right before the crash. Did you do that? If not, I recommend doing so ASAP. Any snapshot made before the crash would have a copy of your server in a complete and uncorrupted state.

The main disadvantage to waiting is that any further changes you make to the server will be lost if you later load the snapshot. Additionally, snapshots only go back 24 hours, so you risk losing the fully functional prior state of your server if you wait.
Sigong
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sigong »

What do I do if I have waited too long?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you have waited too long, please open a support request and ask us to run a repair on your server, which runs Chunkster. It can find and delete chunks that superficially appear to be invalid (allowing them to then be recreated by the game), and may help with your problem.

If your last backup (whose date is given on the "Description" page) occurred at a good date for you, then we could also trigger an immediate restoration from that for you.
Sigong
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sigong »

Will chunkster erase what I've built when it deletes the chunks?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Chunkster would erase only the problematic chunks -- the ones that wouldn't load properly. Others would not be touched.
Sigong
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sigong »

If I built something on a chunk that is now corrupted, would it be gone?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It could still potentially be in the backup, if it was made before the corruption. But, it's been quite some time now. This sort of thing needs to be dealt with immediately =\.
Sigong
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sigong »

It's not crashing anymore or having any errors at all. I don't know why.