Help Needed to install Tekkit 2.0 Mod Pack

Coldsnap22
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help Needed to install Tekkit 2.0 Mod Pack

Post by Coldsnap22 »

I have attempted to install the Tekkit 2.0 mod pack onto the Minecraft server we rent from nfoservers. I read your forums and help topics, the Technic website (The place I got the mod pack from), and searched extensively through Google and Youtube, looking for any kind of help I could get. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I know its user error on my part, everything I've read makes it sound like its really easy to install. And yet I cannot seem to install it correctly. Everything I found basically said, download the Tekkit 2.0 server pack from the Technicpack website and then extract it into a folder and place the folder into my Minecraft server folder. Or into the server folder under plugins, making sure the Tekkit.jar file was listed in the main part of the server folder. In a 7 hour or so frenzy of frustration I tried both methods, as well as a long list of basically anything else I could find that might work. The best luck I had was opening the server folder, copy pasting the Tekkit.jar file into it, and then copy pasting all of the rest of the Tekkit pack into a new World folder that I made. When I did that I could click the TechnicLauncher and load Tekkit, and have some of the mods work, but not all. The map one would work, the forrestry one would work, and I could see some of the recipes from the other mods but they weren't atually there if that makes sense. If I tried to make something that was supposed to be on Buildcraft it would briefly pop up and then dissapear so I know that one was broken. If I turned creative mode on, and attempted to place the blocks the mod introduced, it would crash my client. I would get the error message "Block doesn't exist", so I must have installed something wrong.

If anyone can provide me with a link thats basically along the lines of Installing Tekkit 2.0 For Dummies (step by step instructions ect) I would pretty much love you guys forever. http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ <--Server link.

If anyone can provide any help, it would greatly be appreciated. I'm simply clueless on what I need to do. Thank you guys very much for taking the time to read this and help us out!
Coldsnap22
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Help Needed to install Tekkit 2.0 Mod Pack

Post by Coldsnap22 »

Nevermind, I managed to get it working.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I am glad you were able to get it all going.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
bhsgoclub
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bhsgoclub »

How did you set it up im somehow failing at seting it up
bhsgoclub
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bhsgoclub »

Nvm i Finally got it working....its a nightmare lol so i made an instillation guide to help others