Dynmap

NatMat283
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dynmap

Post by NatMat283 »

I had dynamic map on a previous (hosted) server and it was pretty easy to install. I can't seem to get it going through NFO. I downloaded the latest version and extract the .jar and the dynmap folder (the one with all the textures etc..) into a folder on my desktop and then I use Filezilla to upload them to my server FTP. I am certain they are in the plugins folder. I tried keying my server name and the port "8123". That doesn't work. I tried the simple IP listed in my server description and that didnt work as well. I tried changing the configuration text to accept port "1000" and a few other ports and still no luck. I always get a standard internet error page telling me "could not connect". Any ideas? I know I am not giving you much to go on but I am pretty sure I am doing things correctly.

I really like the dynamic map so I can see where everyone on my server is building etc.. I would like to get it working. Thanks a million.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Dynmap

Post by TimeX »

What does the server log say about Dynmap on startup, does it show it starting normally, or does it show errors?
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Did you restart the server after uploading the plugin?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Check the log after server restart and see if the plugin started successfully or provided an error.

Default port worked fine for us. http://74.201.57.240:8123/
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
ThatBum
A regular
A regular

Post by ThatBum »

Bind the server's IP/DNS name to Dynmap.

In configuration.txt:

Code: Select all

# The network-interface the webserver will bind to (0.0.0.0 for all interfaces, 127.0.0.1 for only local access).
webserver-bindaddress: tntminecraft.game.nfoservers.com
Change 'webserver-bindaddress' to your server's address.
NatMat283
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NatMat283 »

Sorry about the late reply guys. I got it working after all. I had to "Bind the server's IP/DNS name to Dynmap" and I had to launch in Google Chrome. Unless there was something I did and dont realize I did it.