Essentials w/ Tekkit problems

opentarget
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Essentials w/ Tekkit problems

Post by opentarget »

I am having trouble getting Essentials to work on my server. I have the Tekkit pack installed and working, and have used the autoinstallers for the 3 supported plugins.

This is the pertinent error section of the console:2012-04-21 23:33:17 [SEVERE] * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! *
2012-04-21 23:33:17 [SEVERE] * ! * Bukkit version is not the recommended build for Essentials.
2012-04-21 23:33:17 [SEVERE] * ! * You need atleast build 2122 of CraftBukkit, download it from http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/
2012-04-21 23:33:17 [SEVERE] * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! * ! *

I have tried running the server with the craftbukkit.jar in the main server directory and inside of the plugins folder, not at the same time of course. The error message is the same regardless of where the .jar is.

I have deleted the autoinstaller version, and redownloaded the same version through the URL above, and got the same errors. Version "craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.0"

I haven't thought of trying a different version because I assume I will have to downgrade the Minecraft version and I'm still not sure about Tekkit compatability.

It this the result of a config file I don't know about in bukkit or essentials that is causing the error? Or is it just some weird thing that I haven't found yet?

The problem inside of the server is not having permission to do anything; that being hurting mobs, destroying blocks, or any console commands.

As far as I know, I have op-ed in op.txt.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Essentials w/ Tekkit problems

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

The plugin isn't loading because of the error.

Your using the public released version of craftbukkit, but the developer of Essentials continues to update there plugin based on developer releases of craftbukkit.

Update your craftbukkit to a version of 2122 or later.
And it goes in the minecraft folder outside of the plugins folder.

If your using CraftbukkitUptoDate plugin, edit the properties file and edit this line:

updateChannel=dev

Then it will update you craftbukkit to the latest dev release.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
ThatBum
A regular
A regular

Re: Essentials w/ Tekkit problems

Post by ThatBum »

I think Tekkit is actually built off of 1.1 or something at the moment. The constituent mods haven't all been updated for 1.2 yet, so it's lagging behind a bit. When you start up Tekkit, one of the first lines of actual Bukkit (not ModLoaderMP) will show the version it's built against.

I tried it on my local machine once, a bunch of plugins died because of the underlying Bukkit version being too old. Maybe get versions of the plugins made for the other build of Bukkit.