Craftbukkit ++

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Craftbukkit ++

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Thought I would share this. Those of you running minecraft servers might want to consider testing out a modded craftbukkit offered from Spout.

http://forums.spout.org/threads/craftbukkit.938/

Apparently it works wonders on very large player based maps.

I have installed it on our server where we used to run 20 players and dropped it down to 8 players, since it's mostly for our clans kids and a few friends. After installing and starting the server, our minecraft server memory usage dropped by more than half.

We were running with it empty, just below 1,000,000 K where now it's running smoothly at 417,000 K.

NFO might also want to consider offering it as an option. Craftbukkit or Craftbukkit ++.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Kilonox
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Craftbukkit ++

Post by Kilonox »

I also run this on my 10 slot server. I agree that NFo should offer an Autoinstaller. It runs great on the server!
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Other than a difference in memory usage, what other differences have you noticed?
  • Any glitches or plugin differences?
    Any difference in commands or permissions that someone may have a problem with?
    Do they keep updated alongside Craftbukkit pretty well?
TimeX
Kilonox
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kilonox »

TimeX wrote:Other than a difference in memory usage, what other differences have you noticed?
  • Any glitches or plugin differences?
    Any difference in commands or permissions that someone may have a problem with?
    Do they keep updated alongside Craftbukkit pretty well?
No glitches in any plugins that I use, and it is compatible with all of the bukkit ones.
I have had no problem with permissions or commands as they are all the same as your classic bukkit server.
It seems to update within a day usually with Craftbukkit. Helps that Craftbukkit now has beta builds.

It helps with caching chucks, and optimizes items drops. It offers a huge amount of configuration, but the default settings are pretty darn good on everything.