Tekkit Versus CPU/RAM

Talmera
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tekkit Versus CPU/RAM

Post by Talmera »

I searched a little on the forums and could not see a tread related to this.

I know the MC server packages stated are for default packages but since Tekkit is rising in popularity is it possible for you to add an option in the packages to pay for some extra CPU?

one possibility is a seperate drop down for cpu or alternatively a checkbox for a set increase?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Tekkit Versus CPU/RAM

Post by Edge100x »

We effectively don't limit CPU usage, since the system only clamps down on broken runaway servers that use several cores' worth. So, there is no need for such an option right now :).
Talmera
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Talmera »

hmmmm then I retract my statement, looks like I have some plugin fiddling to do.
Thraka
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Thraka »

I am curious about performance though. I've been on 500+ player minecraft servers and not had any issues. What do I need to do a well performing 150 player tekkit server with multiverse?

I was playing on this server: http://tekkitserverlist.com/server/622/ ... ecraft-net and using it's specs, it seemed to keep up, well, ok.

Here are some quick specs on that:

Dual Xeon Hexa-Cores
96gb of mem
Server is in Ram disk
4 SATAIII SSD Raid

Tekkit is the newest, hottest thing in Minecraft, NFO should get deep into it :)
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Performance requirements for Tekkit per player are a bit higher, but it's really only because of all the gadgets that all the combined plugins allow you to create. There's so many items and blocks in Tekkit that "do" something, rather than just sitting there being a happy little block. Regardless, it's possible to run Tekkit on our servers, you just would need to increase your max players/RAM a bit higher than normal.