Timber mod

sheller98
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Timber mod

Post by sheller98 »

All i want to get now is just the timber mod for 1.4.6. do i need forge to get it? because the mo' creatures worked but in order to go on the server you needed to have fml downloaded on your singleplayer minecraft. can i do something so any one can join without it?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Timber mod

Post by TimeX »

I'm not sure about the Timber mod, but I do know that MoCreatures has to be installed on both the server and the client side.
TimeX
sheller98
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sheller98 »

do you know how to install the timber mod? would i need a forged server?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I am not familiar enough with that mod myself. Perhaps other Minecraft admins here are more familiar with it.
TimeX
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I found the mod here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/119 ... imber-mod/

It indicates that it does require Forge ModLoader or Modloader.

Here are the CLIENT SIDE (NOT SERVER SIDE) instructions for installation included in the readme.txt file provided with the download:

Code: Select all

Installation:
(This is written on the premise you know how to get to your minecraft.jar)

0. Put on your robe and wizard hat.
1. Backup your minecraft.jar.
2. Delete META-INF.
3. Install ForgeModLoader or ModLoader.
4. Copy this .zip into /.minecraft/mods/
5. Start up minecraft and play.

I'm not overly familiar with Forge, so TimeX can correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll just add it to your mods directory on your server, if you already have Forge installed, and you will need it installed on both the client and the server.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I remember this mod now, someone I know uses it. I'm not sure that it supports multiplayer servers, but if it does, it will need to be installed on both, as Vanderburg said. You may want to read through those forum posts in the links to see what people say about multiplayer and if it supports it. Some Forge mods do not work on multiplayer.
TimeX
sheller98
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sheller98 »

THanks for alll the help!
one last thing, what are the mods or plugins you guys recommend for this kind of server that you dont need like forge to use?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If you mean something that normal clients can connect to without needing mods installed, you are pretty limited. Forge itself, when installed on the server, also needs to be installed on the client to be able to join the server, even if no other mods are installed.

Craftbukkit would allow you to run a number of plugins without the client needing them in many cases. The downside is that Craftbukkit doesn't update too quickly recently, with recommended builds (builds that or not beta or dev versions) only being released shortly before Minecraft itself updates again, so players often need to hold off updating if they want to keep playing on a Craftbukkit server, or play on one using a dev/beta version.
TimeX