World Edit

Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

World Edit

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

I installed 1.4.7 on my server a few days ago, but then it suddenly vanished and crashed the server. When I brought it back up and reinstalled it, World Edit stopped working. What went wrong and what could I do to fix it? Any help would be appreciated!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: World Edit

Post by Edge100x »

It will be difficult for us to tell what happened without looking at the server directly (and tough even then).

When you say that you installed 1.4.7, do you mean that you selected it as the version to run through the "Server control" page? If so, it should not have been possible for it to be deleted.

In terms of World Edit, are you running Bukkit, and is it enabled? Are other plugins working? Have you tried reinstalling it and making sure it's the latest version?
Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

Edge100x wrote:It will be difficult for us to tell what happened without looking at the server directly (and tough even then).

When you say that you installed 1.4.7, do you mean that you selected it as the version to run through the "Server control" page? If so, it should not have been possible for it to be deleted.

In terms of World Edit, are you running Bukkit, and is it enabled? Are other plugins working? Have you tried reinstalling it and making sure it's the latest version?
Sorry, yea. I decided to just choose to select this one this time. I didn't have too much luck last time installing it through an FTP. And yes, the other plugins are working. I can use the CraftBukkit commands, but not the World Edit. And I don't know exactly what happened, it was just gone when I checked this morning. I had to reinstall it.
Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

Tried doing a full re-install. Whenever I head back to the server control, it shows me that it has reset the .jar to 1.4.5. When I change it to 1.4.7, I keep the commands, but I still do not have World Edit. And, as my Minecraft client is 1.4.7, I cannot run 1.4.5. I'm really not sure what is going on here. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you run the vanilla .jar file, your plugins will not work, since the game itself does not support plugins. You will need to run a version of CraftBukkit that corresponds to the version of the client that you're running, and versions of your plugins made for that version of CB.

Once you're running CB, you can ignore what it says on the version-changer tool. That is, what matters most is what shows higher on the page, where it says "To have a plugin run instead of the default Minecraft executable, you can use the following form." -- if that's not set to "Standard game", then the "We support these Minecraft game versions.." section doesn't apply.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You might also want to install bukkituptodate which will keep bukkit and many plugins updated in an update folder. You just have to check the update folder, copy the updated plugins into the plugins folder and restart the server.

Save's you searching the website to see if anythings updated.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

I did what you guys suggested, and while the commands are still up and running, I cannot get world edit to work. I checked the server through an FTP and everything appeared to be fine and there. I'm not all too sure what is going on with World Edit, but at least we have the commands. /optimism
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Does it show as loading properly in the server log? Are there any errors in the log?
Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

No errors as far as I can see. The night before it happened, though, the server was brought to an unexpected stop and a remote repair was sent out. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, though.