Minecraft Forge Trouble

Neo_Bacon_Boy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Forge Trouble

Post by Neo_Bacon_Boy »

I'm trying to make the jump from Bukkit to Minecraft Forge. I am away that I would have to redo a lot of the warps and such, but MF allows for more mods. However, whenever I try to run the .jar file, it turns off the server. I look at the server log and the command box and it says that the files is invalid or corrupted. This confuses me because I just downloaded it from the website and changed the extension to a .jar, like the site instructs you. I tried deleting all of the mods and plugins I had installed because I know that sometimes the mods can conflict with each other if they try to run simultaneously (i.e. bukkit mods trying to run with mf), but that did not help either. What could the problem be?
FaustoCreations
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Minecraft Forge Trouble

Post by FaustoCreations »

IT's better to use a fresh server install in order to avoid conflicts and problems like that one. Also your current map won't have the new things Forge adds unless you generate more, but using the same map might lead to entity problems. You should delete the following folders before installing Forge if they exist in your Minecraft folder: coremods mods config misphericals lib. I hope that helps.