Problems installing minecraft forge

rlhalo3
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Problems installing minecraft forge

Post by rlhalo3 »

Hello, I'm having issues getting minecraft forge onto my server, every time i install it i get mismatched id errors. i tried copying the config folders over to my config but that did not work eather.

If you need to know how i install it i download the jar folder through filezilla then copy all the forge things over into it and re-upload it with a different name, then go into the control panel and select that to run.

All help appreciated!
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Problems installing minecraft forge

Post by hiimcody1 »

make sure when you are copying the files over to copy them in binary mode and not text mode.
rlhalo3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rlhalo3 »

Nevermind i figured out how to use binarymode lemme give it a try
rlhalo3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rlhalo3 »

Hmm that worked in a way but still gave me some problems. with just regular minecraft forge it worked fine. But whne i installed a mod it gave me id mismatched errors, lemme try a different mod incase its the mods fault. anything else i might be doing wrong?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I somehow saw this late, but depending on where and when you saw the ID mismatch error, it could either mean that you are using a world that was saved with a different mod configuration, or that your client side configs have different ID's set than the server configs.
TimeX