Quickplay penalty questions

Stantz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quickplay penalty questions

Post by Stantz »

Greetings,
A bit of a backstory, from 4th of Nov. to about 1st of Dec. my tf2 server received daily quickplay traffic as seen here http://glhftfmf.hlstatsx.nfoservers.com ... FF&range=3

I've "seeded" it with my friends daily, people came at almost the same time every day, then I decided to fiddle around with the server, and install a few gamemodes, just to try it out. I knew this would disable quickplay, but what I didn't know is that it'll not turn it back.

Now, my question is, how long does it take for such a penalty to wear off? It's been 3 days, we seed daily, but people are coming not from quickplay but from server browser (got a plugin that shows that).

I wrote steam support asking the same question but I've yet to hear back from them.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Quickplay penalty questions

Post by soja »

you can see your matchmaking status by typing: cl_gameserver_list in the console on the steam account you made the ID for.

Quickplay bonuses are based on many things, but mainly: maps(obviously), server size(24 is perfect, and the penalty gets higher as you go. over 32 is disqualified), and how long players stay on your server after they join.
Not a NFO employee
Stantz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Stantz »

soja wrote:you can see your matchmaking status by typing: cl_gameserver_list in the console on the steam account you made the ID for.

Quickplay bonuses are based on many things, but mainly: maps(obviously), server size(24 is perfect, and the penalty gets higher as you go. over 32 is disqualified), and how long players stay on your server after they join.
Those weren't my questions at all, thanks nevertheless.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Stantz wrote:
soja wrote:you can see your matchmaking status by typing: cl_gameserver_list in the console on the steam account you made the ID for.

Those weren't my questions at all, thanks nevertheless.
You asked how long till the penalty goes away, quickplay is automatically enabled when the server meets the requirements. Have you done any research into quickplay? Game servers are ranked from best to worst, and your server goes up and down in the ranks based on what I said. I am telling you how to get your server going again.

EDIT: Also note quickplay is enabled after 6 players are in the server.
Last edited by soja on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Did you undo all of the changes you made?

You may also try going through Valves quick match FAQ just to confirm you got everything back to normal.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -AFGJ-3513
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Stantz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Stantz »

soja wrote: You asked how long till the penalty goes away, quickplay is automatically enabled when the server meets the requirements.
Usually that's the case, my question was whether someone experienced something similar to my problem, which would be an unusual case.
soja wrote: Have you done any research into quickplay? Game servers are ranked from best to worst, and your server goes up and down in the ranks based on what I said. I am telling you how to get your server going again.
I did the research, and once again, my question was about a penalty, I'm doing everything I can to get it back again.
soja wrote: EDIT: Also note quickplay is enabled after 6 players are in the server.
It's actually enabled at 0, but you get the lowest priority at 0, then higher priority is enabled at 5-6, when those 5-6 sit for 10-20 minutes it hits 10, and then instantly gets full, I've monitored that for a month.
Stantz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Stantz »

kraze wrote:Did you undo all of the changes you made?

You may also try going through Valves quick match FAQ just to confirm you got everything back to normal.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -AFGJ-3513
All the changes, and checked my _tags like a madman to see if we're "_registered", we were, all this time.
Stantz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Stantz »

To anyone who'll read/find this for future reference:
Changing the IP (has to be location change with case of NFOservers), but staying on the same Quickplay ID helped, at least for now.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

You probably could of requested an IP change through a support ticket.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:You probably could of requested an IP change through a support ticket.
We don't support changing server IPs, currently a location change is the only way to do it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Good to know, thanks.
Not a NFO employee