Sourcemod Extension Fails to Load

takram
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sourcemod Extension Fails to Load

Post by takram »

Ugh; the forum logged me out and I lost my entire post, so here we go again. I'm going to make this brief because losing a detailed post is frustrating as all hell.

I have a tf2 gameserver; I had one whose rental expired in November that ran this LogUpload sourcemod plugin. I had metamod, sourcemod already installed (other plugins function fine), but this plugin failed because it requires the curl extension for sourcemod and I couldn't load that extension on the server, despite my efforts.

I did a complete, manual reinstall of metamod and sourcemod after removing the previous installation. I verified the installations as noted below

Code: Select all

[SM] Displaying 9 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.5.2): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.5.2): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] TF2 Tools (1.5.2): TF2 extended functionality
[04] BinTools (1.5.2): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[05] SDK Hooks (1.5.2): Source SDK Hooks
[06] Top Menus (1.5.2): Creates sorted nested menus
[07] SDK Tools (1.5.2): Source SDK Tools
[08] Client Preferences (1.5.2): Saves client preference settings
[09] SQLite (1.5.2): SQLite Driver

13:17:39 rcon from "206.253.195.193:37695": command "sm exts list"

[SM] Extension curl.ext.dll failed to load: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. 

13:17:51 rcon from "206.253.195.193:37819": command "sm exts load curl"
The server has no other sourcemod extensions, has no plugins other than the base plugins, but I did try to install ONLY the curl extension.
The curl directory on my local machine

My installation paths are as follows on the game server

pages 4 and 6 of the thread regarding the curl extension have users experiencing the same error ("...because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." with solutions regarding security updates and whatnot that I have no control over.

I asked NFO through the help ticket and was informed that if it worked on my last server it should work on this server, as they are set up the same, so if that's the case, I have no idea what the heck I'm doing!
wakka_
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Sourcemod Extension Fails to Load

Post by wakka_ »

I am having this issue as well. I've installed the extension on a server from a different provider with no issues. I was told to post on the forums after opening a support ticket. Like takram, typing "sm exts list" into console gives this:

[10] <FAILED> file "curl.ext.dll": The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.