Failed to load sound file probably missing from disk/reposit

The Wild One
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Failed to load sound file probably missing from disk/reposit

Post by The Wild One »

Hello, can some please help me? I installed the saysounds plugin
(link to the pluginhttps://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=82220) and my intro and exit sound wont work. I checked the console and it said. "Failed to load sound "Soundname.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository" I looked up this problem on Google and it said something about refreshing the "sound.cache" I cannot find a sound.cache anywhere. Can anyone please help? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Failed to load sound file probably missing from disk/rep

Post by kraze »

The sound.cache file should bet mainly used for specific map files. IIRC it should be separate than a standard plugin which plays sound.

Did you confirm that the sound files are definitely on the server and not missing? If so, try manually copying the files to your client and trying again.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Failed to load sound file probably missing from disk/reposit

Post by markym »

I'm having this same problem with my DODS server that I just rented this week from NFO. I've searched all over to try and find a solution. Years ago I had no issues with playing sounds on our server with Saysounds plugin but now it just keeps saying the file is missing yet the files are there in my sound/admin_plugin directory under Sourcemod. I know that sv_pure causes some issues here but I've even tried sv_pure to 0 and also configed the whitelist to allow files from the sound folder. Sounds will push down to my clients but they just won't play. The plugin is throwing off these errors:

L 08/29/2015 - 09:27:00: [saysounds.smx] <Send_Sound> INVALID_HANDLE for file "admin_plugin/ppjoinserver.mp3"
L 08/29/2015 - 09:27:45: [saysounds.smx] <Send_Sound> INVALID_HANDLE for file "admin_plugin/seeya.mp3"

I know some DODS servers are playing sounds. I sure could use some help to figure this out. I ran a DODS server for several years where playing sounds with the plugins worked fine including join sever sounds.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Well, even though no one replied --- I'm going to post up that I was able to fix the sounds. The sound issues with DODS, TF2 etc are caused by sv_pure -- and settings you have to change in your server whitelist to allow sound files to be used. And you have to run sv_pure at 0.
boominz28
New to forums
New to forums

Post by boominz28 »

I am having the same issue but with gg sounds, i have the sv_pure set to 0 and i have the server whitelist set to
materials\... any
models\... any
sound\... any
quake works just fine , it is just the gungame sounds that are not working.

also not sure how to make it not deathmatch in gg i want to respawn my players but no options in the gg cfg anyway to fix this?

thank you