Reserve slots

FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Reserve slots

Post by FAST »

Does the built in sourcemod reserve slots work? The only way I got it working was if you leave a slot or more open but I rather have it boot someone instead when it's full 24 or 32. If the built in one is no good, are there plugins you could recommend?

Thanks
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Reserve slots

Post by Siren »

Last time I checked they were working. Have you had a look at the different reserved slot types? If you find that using the settings from this documentation does not work then please let us know!

The official documentation is here: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Reserved_Sl ... urceMod%29
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

I think you have to set it the way you want it to work in cfg/sourcemode/sourcemod.cfg
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback. Here is what I have currently.

http://pastebin.com/cQbw8sF6

Am I doing anything wrong here? As mentioned above, im trying to kick high pingers as priority when the server is full at 32/32 players. I rather not have dedicated slots open for reserve slot only

Thanks!
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

It looks right except for I dont know what that reservedslot kicktype is for ?
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

According to wiki it means the following

Kick Type
sm_reserve_kicktype <0|1|2> - Only available in SourceMod 1.1 or higher.

This controls how a client is selected to be kicked (only relevant to sm_reserve_type 1/2)

Clients with reserve slot access or the override 'sm_reskick_immunity' are always immune to being kicked. Spectating clients are chosen before playing clients.

0 - Highest Ping
1 - Highest Connection Time
2 - Random Player

I have given my admins the A flag for reserve slots (abcdefg) but still wont let them in. :cry:
rd1981
A regular
A regular

Post by rd1981 »

I personally use h reserved slots and just have most servers with 2 hidden slots that get used when a donator or admin joins once their full you cant get in but that doesnt happen much if at all.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

for cs source/go it's fine because you can raise more than 32 but for TF2/Insurgency the max is 32 so I cant create two more hidden slots. I would have to go down to 30 slots. That's my only issue.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

You need to use a reserved slot plugin that supports(and uses) the Connect extension. A quick google search toward SM's forums should yield some results.