FTP map transfers

The JERK
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FTP map transfers

Post by The JERK »

I suffer from hella slow upload speed. Is it possible to FTP directly from the game server FTP site to the free web space FTP site location? I belive its called FXP'ing.

If so HOW? I cant figure it out unless your just not allowing it.

anywho
thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you should be able to use a program like FlashFXP to do it. I haven't tried it recently, but the FTP servers on both ends are set up to allow site-to-site transfers.
The JERK
New to forums
New to forums

Post by The JERK »

Hrmm. I've tried it with FlashFXP but couldn't seem to get it to work. It would transfer the file name then I would get a timeout error on the webspace server. Zero bytes would be transfered but the name of the file would be there. I dont understand why its timing out.

If anyone can help me figure this out I would appreciate it. Maybe a simple setting or checkbox I'm missing. The help FAQS on the Flash FXP site didnt help me to much either.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear that it is possible. If I can figure this out it would save me a boatload of grief.
Smoke
A regular
A regular

Post by Smoke »

I never use the control panel ftp service..Instead trying using Filezilla. It has alot of options even a time-out setting. Best