sm_skinchanger download not working

DarkJesture
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

sm_skinchanger download not working

Post by DarkJesture »

Hey'o, so I'm having issues with my CS:S server. For some reason, no matter what version of sm_skinchooser I use (4.0, 3.0, 2.7), it does not force clients to download the models from the fastdl. I have maps and sounds downloading just fine, just no custom models. I have made sure that they are on both the game server (custom/customskins) and the fastdl server. I tried getting help from NFO support, however they recommended me to post a thread here since they couldn't help me out. There are no errors what so ever, except on client side this gets spammed due to it trying to load a model that was never downloaded.

Code: Select all

CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/player/kirby/admin/t_phoenix
C
This is my default_skinsdownload.ini

Code: Select all

materials/models/player/kirby/admin/t_phoenix.vmt
materials/models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_phoenix_admin.vtf
materials/models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_phoenix_admin_normal.vtf
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.dx80.vtx
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.dx90.vtx
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.mdl
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.phy
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.sw.vtx
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.vvd
models/player/kirby/admin/kirby_admin.xbox.vtx
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: sm_skinchanger download not working

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Does the plugin precache those models? Did you look into the plugin's code?
DarkJesture
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DarkJesture »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Does the plugin precache those models? Did you look into the plugin's code?
Yes it does, and even if I use a seperate downloader/precache plugin, it still gives the precache error.
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

DarkJesture wrote:
$atanic $pirit wrote:Does the plugin precache those models? Did you look into the plugin's code?
Yes it does, and even if I use a seperate downloader/precache plugin, it still gives the precache error.
What about skinchooserdownloads.ini and skins.ini?
DarkJesture
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DarkJesture »

$atanic $pirit wrote:
DarkJesture wrote:
What about skinchooserdownloads.ini and skins.ini?
The skinchooserdownloads.ini is supposed to be the file that tells the fastdl to send the client the files and precache them, the skins.ini is to set up the in-game menu so you can select which skin you want.

All the servers I've gone on that has models are running a store plugin, so I think I may just try my luck with that.
DarkJesture
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DarkJesture »

Bump!

Tried using a store plugin, having more luck however models are still not working. I'm now getting purple textures though instead of a solid error sign, so I'm getting there I think...

I got it to download the skin files, however it still gives purple textures unless the player has downloaded the skin manually. Anyone got any tips?