shot registration help needed ASAP

nguyen1025
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

shot registration help needed ASAP

Post by nguyen1025 »

yea i just boguht my server yesertday and the SERVICE IS GREAT!!!!! no complains on that...but i have a MAJor problem with shot registration(where ur shot doesnt go where u aimed it at).....we scrim alot and this is a major factor.......anyone suggest any thing to make my server run smooth...i have a 12 player private HYBRID LA not acclerated server...help would be greatly appreciated
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Does this happen on other servers? Have you compared accelerated and non-accelerated servers on Hybrid and Optimized bandwidth to see if there might be an improvement there?

Hybrid is the cheapest bandwidth in LA, so it shouldn't perform as well as Optimized. And being nonaccelerated, you may have to set your rates lower to get the best performance (or switch to an accelerated server). But, to know whether those are truly factors, you'd need to check out the other servers.
nguyen1025
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nguyen1025 »

ya i checked other hydrbid la server with the save stuff i ordered...but they have perfect shot registration.....like when i shoot an awp the bullet goes nowhere near where i aimed..and yes i have good aim...
nguyen1025
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nguyen1025 »

i think i mgith jsut upgrade to optimzied its only like 2 dolalrs extra right ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Can you email rentals@nuclearfallout.net with information on the other server you tried, so we can compare the two?

You might also want to try asking to be moved to a new machine, just in case. If someone else with exactly your specs isn't having the problem, then it's something that must be fixable.
mch|sid
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mch|sid »

I know for a fact that the counter-strike Engine does indeed have errors in where if SHOWS your shot landing, but the location hit is the correct one.

If you fire at someone (while crouching and standing still etc) with the awp, the first shot will indeed kill someone. However if you shoot at a wall, you would think the bullet mark would appear just as accurately as if you were shooting at a player, but it does not.

But like I said, place a player in front of your shot and it is accurate. Ask Cliffe why that is. hehehe The only error here is where it draws the bullet hit locations on a wall. If you shoot glass, the glass will break where you shot, but the mark may appear elsewhere. This lead to people 'warming up' their guns before the actual hostile firing started, which is not necessary.

This problem was tested rigorously using a map with many small glass squares to test actual hit locations vs bullet hit locations.

I hope this helps.

If you are indeed having a different issue, please disregard this post.
ghostdogg678
A regular
A regular

Post by ghostdogg678 »

this happens sumtimes in my server the shot doesnt register. but with my problem was cuz by chicken mod. they appear normal but u can only kill them waist down like a chicken. Problem is fixed tho if u restart server :D