Bounceback effect in CS:S

Torment
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Bounceback effect in CS:S

Post by Torment »

Does anybody know how to disable the annoying bounceback effect that occurs when you run into barrels in Counter-Strike: Source?
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

I know of a few cvars for that, but I have not tested them myself due to the fact you have to have sv_cheats set to 1. You can try it if you want however, try setting them to 0 and see what happens. Anyway, the commands are below.

sv_pushaway_force
sv_pushaway_max_force
Torment
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Torment »

Thanks for the response, Supernuker. I tried those settings, but they didn't do anything. Through a bit of trial and error, I discovered the settings that DO seem to make a difference are:

sv_pushaway_max_player_force
sv_pushaway_player_force

But, as you mentioned, they only work with sv_cheats turned on. I don't want to do that, of course. Also, one side effect I noticed with those settings was that they allowed you to walk through objects (ie- barrels). That's something I also don't want. So, does anybody know how to turn that bounceback effect off? I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger uproar about this, given that it was never in any of the earlier versions (that I'm aware of).

Thanks for your help Supernuker, I appreciate it!
DarK-BuLL
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DarK-BuLL »

If you check Valve FAQ they say that it may be intentional on Valves part, or it may be a bug.

You can check out this topic on the steampowered.com website for more info. There is even a possible resolution on the bottom of the page, which I will quote below:
i figured out which settings i think will work for my server to get rid of the bounce-back annoyance:

rcon sv_pushaway_max_force "5000" ( def. "1000" )
rcon sv_pushaway_force "300000" ( def. "30000" )
rcon cl_pushaway_max_force "10000"
rcon cl_pushaway_force "5000"
rcon phys_pushscale "10"

check it yourself feels much nicer

(also, check out phys_pushscale -99999999 and phys_timescale 0.15 ..it's just funny)
source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... bounceback