Mattie Eventscript for Orangbox CS:S

fackler
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mattie Eventscript for Orangbox CS:S

Post by fackler »

Has anybody been able to get this working on NFO? I've been trying for days with not luck.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Mattie Eventscript for Orangbox CS:S

Post by Edge100x »

We've talked to many customers who have been trying to get ES working. Generally, we have heard that the base install will load, but that ES plugin enable lines have to be triggered manually via rcon (and not in the autoexec.cfg or server.cfg files) to work. We've also heard many, many reports of random crashes and other strange behavior.

Right now, we're strongly recommending against running ES, until Mattie and his team find workarounds or fixes for the slew of incompatibilities with the new version of CS:S. Sourcemod is one good alternative for many purposes, including GG (we have an autoinstaller for GG:SM in our control panel now).

When a version of EventScripts is released that is as stable as the last one before the CS:S re-release (not that it was particularly stable), we'll re-add it as an autoinstaller, as well.
DontWannaName
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Mattie Eventscript for Orangbox CS:S

Post by DontWannaName »

Mattie isnt as fast as SM and is usually more inefficient. Everything Mattie can do SM can do. :P