ftp maps folder

lethaltalon
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ftp maps folder

Post by lethaltalon »

I'm trying to create a map_all folder in my cstrike dir. and keep all my maps in that folder and jus move the maps i want to have in rotation for that month. i have a map manager plugin that will create a list of every map in the maps folder. using cute ftp pro i'm logged in the the server, i can create/rename folders but when i rename the maps folder to maps_all and try to a file from that folder to the new empty maps folder it won't let me. is there a way i can get this done? do i need to change folder permissions or something?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: ftp maps folder

Post by Edge100x »

We may have had to remove the rename permission from those hardlinked files. If you wish to use this special configuration, you may have to copy the files, instead.

I would recommend against doing it this way, for performance reasons. It would be best to have a map management plugin that can restrict the maps that it allows beyond what is in the folder.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

lethaltalon wrote:i can create/rename folders but when i rename the maps folder to maps_all and try to a file from that folder to the new empty maps folder it won't let me.
seems i left out move. don't know if thats makes a difference ...so i can create/rename folders but when i rename the maps folder to maps_all and try to MOVE a file(bsp) from that folder to the new empty maps folder get :"Request denied. Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation."
and yea i don't want to copy the bsp to another folder, would have way to many files.
lethaltalon
A regular
A regular

Post by lethaltalon »

i figured it out ... thanks
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

No problem! Glad you were able to get it working :)
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
dawnofviolence
A regular
A regular

Post by dawnofviolence »

if your running source mod they changed it to where you need the maps listed in mapcycle.txt and maplist.txt so you can just upload all the maps you want and edit the cycle as you please to keep things clean and easier on yourself.
DoVGaming.net CSS COMMUNITY POWERED BY NFOSERVERS.COM