TF2 Replay

Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: TF2 Replay

Post by Edge100x »

That way was not working, replay wasn't making its own slot. The only way we could keep 32slots was by requesting -replay added to the command line.
That's a game bug, then, as it's not supposed to work like that =\.

On a managed VDS/dedi, you can also edit the command line directly, so it's not necessary to ask us.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

We can edit command line on managed server?
I have looked for that option but can't find it in the cpanel.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, the primary user of a managed server can edit the command line through the "Managed panel" page.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Why only the primary user, can you allow them to give secondary access to it?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

This should be an option a primary can grant to you now, thanks to Edge100x. :wink:
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Secondary users can be granted this access now, as well.

The tools on that page are powerful and potentially can affect the performance of the machine/VDS overall, so it needs to be deliberately granted.
th3dud3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by th3dud3 »

Just a few questions about replays and reserved slots. If i ran a 30 slot server which had 1 reserved slot (sourcemod) and replays enabled, would i set sv_visiblemaxplayers to 28? Would this give room for the reserved slot and the slot replay takes? I currently run a 29 slot server with 1 hidden reserved slot. Replays will not work with my reserved slots active. Will adding this extra slot possibly fix that issue?

Thanks for any assistance,

TheDude
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

It is hard to say on that one, since the slots available and can be seen don't always work as they should. You will need to test it out a bit until you find a settings that works for you.
TimeX
th3dud3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by th3dud3 »

TimeX wrote:It is hard to say on that one, since the slots available and can be seen don't always work as they should. You will need to test it out a bit until you find a settings that works for you.
I have been on a few servers which have reserved slots active. The replay bot sits in spectator on those servers and they seem to be running fine. It is a very interesting ordeal that's for sure. I may try this and get back to you. Won't be until tomorrow though as i my server has lots of traffic. The only time i can get in there is between 7am and 9am pacific.