TF2 Replay

Vish
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TF2 Replay

Post by Vish »

So I have a 25 slot server, which shows up at 24, (With 1 hidden reserved slot) and I was wondering if it is possible to have even teams (12v12) Instead of 12v11, because tf2 replay counts as a bot which sits in spec. :?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: TF2 Replay

Post by Edge100x »

I would recommend testing without sv_visiblemaxplayers set (as it must be, for you to have a hidden slot), or setting it to 25.
Vish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vish »

How would I go about setting that?
sv_visiblemaxplayers 25 in the server config?
And would this show server as 25 slot when people view it?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

That is correct. It should also show as 25 slots as you said, but things are a bit quirky still with replays so i may no work as it should.
TimeX
Vish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vish »

Alright, So is it possible to show it as 24, but not count the replay bot? (So increase max slots to, lets say 26, so then 1 reserved slot, which is hidden + replay bot =24 which shows up?), If not disabling replays are always an option.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Replays activate an extra server slot when active, but I believe the slot shows as a used slot and not hidden. There isn't a way to hide specific server slots, only the total number.

Replays can be disabled by simply removing the replay.cfg file, or removing the line that exec's it. This way, the replays won't be enabled after a server restart.
TimeX
Vish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vish »

Alright, I'll mess around with it, I would really like both a hidden slot+ replay but still have even 12v12 teams
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I don't think there is a way to do that with the game options, but it is worth testing around with.
TimeX
Vish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vish »

Yeah, I'll just ask some clan members their opinions, then figure out of what we want to do from there.
Vish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Vish »

Well After some tweaking, I got it to an acceptable level.
25 Slot server.
Members reporting teams now are 12v12

Code: Select all

sm_reserve_type 0
sm_reserved_slots 1
sm_hide_slots 0
sv_visiblemaxplayers 24
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Valve posted this related information to the mailing list today.
The last TF2 update should have fixed the last problems with the player count for replay and SourceTV. The player count, as shown on the server browser, will never include replay or SourceTV. As some have noted, the fact that replay and source TV are "players" is an implementation kludge, and this fact should not be visible outside of the server. Also, the maxplayers settings and visiblemaxplayers should not be incremented to have an extra slot for replay, they should only count regular players. We know that this is a change from previous behaviour, but it is how we want things to work going forward. In other words, you should use the same settings for the player counts, whether you have source TV and/or replay enabled. (Eventually you will be able to have the both at the same time.) For example, if you want to have a server with 24 human players, and one reserved secret slot for yourself, you will set maxplayers to 24 and visiblemaxplayers to 25. These values should apply whether replay is enabled or not.

Your server will still increase the player count to make room for the proxies.

We know the zombie player count problem still exists, but apparently it has decreased in frequency. We're still working on it.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

How can we have 32 player slots plus reply enabled on a managed server?
Do you have -replay set on the command line to allow it to make an extra slot when customers enable the replay option.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

We don't have that option on there by default, but we may need to look at doing so. For now, we can add it for you if you send us a Help! request from your control panel.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Executing the replay.cfg at the top of your autoexec.cfg is supposed to be the same as putting -replay on the command line. Our recommended way of using replays is discussed here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=5302
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Edge100x wrote:Executing the replay.cfg at the top of your autoexec.cfg is supposed to be the same as putting -replay on the command line. Our recommended way of using replays is discussed here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=5302
That way was not working, replay wasn't making its own slot. The only way we could keep 32slots was by requesting -replay added to the command line.