Slow joining time on the server

Freakgood
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Slow joining time on the server

Post by Freakgood »

So hi every 1 needs some help .. the problem is that it takes 4 eva 2 get on the server.. it says retriving server info for about 45 sec its just way to long so i have tested removeing the plugins.. still same problem i have clear the downloads and downloads list.. but still take 45 sec up to 1 min.. .. so my qestion is does any one know why its so slow joining time on the server also.. maps doesnt seem 2 have any effect on this ..tested every map i had on the server still takes 45 sec to 1 min.. so yeah... any ides people?

also this is only with first time connecting to the server.. if u close down the game (Hl2DM) it takes long time to join again sure its still takes long time when its a map switch but its like 20 sec tops then instead of like 45sec up to a min...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Slow joining time on the server

Post by Edge100x »

"Retrieving server info" is the step at which the client loads all of the map, models, and other data locally, in my experience. This can often take awhile. After the data is loaded, further connections and map changes are faster.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Edge100x wrote:"Retrieving server info" is the step at which the client loads all of the map, models, and other data locally, in my experience. This can often take awhile. After the data is loaded, further connections and map changes are faster.

Shouldent take like 1 min wasnt this slow before.. and tested removing the addons .. so it cant be that ... making it slower?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

One minute does seem a little long. However I would suggest removing all custom content from your server as a test.

If possible wipe your server and start from scratch. If needed we would have weekly backups of your server we can restore for you. Check the description tab in your CP to see the most current one we have (Assuming you rent a regular game server).

Also is it slow all the time? If not what time of the day is the slowest? When did the problem start occurring? Possibly after a game update?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Freakgood wrote:Shouldent take like 1 min wasnt this slow before.. and tested removing the addons .. so it cant be that ... making it slower?
What I mean is that this is when your client loads game resources. Not from the server -- from your local disk. Is your hard drive light going the entire time? Do you have this problem on other servers?
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

kraze wrote:One minute does seem a little long. However I would suggest removing all custom content from your server as a test.

If possible wipe your server and start from scratch. If needed we would have weekly backups of your server we can restore for you. Check the description tab in your CP to see the most current one we have (Assuming you rent a regular game server).

Also is it slow all the time? If not what time of the day is the slowest? When did the problem start occurring? Possibly after a game update?
already tested a whipe and reinstall of the server didnt do anything .. sadly.. eh.. any more ides on what i could try? :)
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Edge100x wrote:
Freakgood wrote:Shouldent take like 1 min wasnt this slow before.. and tested removing the addons .. so it cant be that ... making it slower?
What I mean is that this is when your client loads game resources. Not from the server -- from your local disk. Is your hard drive light going the entire time? Do you have this problem on other servers?
what do u mean with Is your hard drive light going the entire time?.. and no its only on my server tested atleast 20 diffrent servers.. this problem is on both my hl2 dm servers 1 is coop and the other 1 is strickly dm .. :(
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Freakgood wrote:
Edge100x wrote:
what do u mean with Is your hard drive light going the entire time?.. and no its only on my server tested atleast 20 diffrent servers.. this problem is on both my hl2 dm servers 1 is coop and the other 1 is strickly dm .. :(
What John means is your harddrive on accessing the data when joining? It could be a small disk delay when joining the server.

Try removing custom content from your folders(client side) and rejoin the server letting it download fresh copies. Corrupted files might be part of the problem.

Also what is the IP to your server? I am sure some of us can join it and see if we get the same problem.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

its fix had to reinstall the hole freaking server but yeah works alot better now :P