TF2 server config issue

nannerz2
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TF2 server config issue

Post by nannerz2 »

Hello,

I play in a TF2 league that has specific configs that need to be executed at the beginning of matches. Recently an opponent complained that not all of the league settings were being loaded, and it seemed like they were being overridden by the basic server config.

In this particular case, it was a rate setting they were complaining about...sv_minrate, and they were right. The league config executes and the value is supposed to be sv_minrate 20000, but the server stays at sv_minrate 100000, 5 times higher.

I can change it by hand fine, but I'm wondering why it doesn't go through with the rest of the league config? Some other settings also seem to get overridden.

I haven't really changed anything with the NFO server. Any help would be great.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: TF2 server config issue

Post by Edge100x »

20000 is a low setting and the league would be wise to require a higher one for performance reasons. 100000 is a good choice, which is why we enforce it by default.

That's the only setting that would be adjusted for you in any configuration file other than server.cfg. You can turn that off via the checkbox on the "File manager" page.
nannerz2
New to forums
New to forums

Post by nannerz2 »

thanks for the info! I'll see what I can do.

I think they have the minimum set low and maximum set high so players can put it at whatever is best for them, but I'm not sure what it does anyway. I just don't want to have to change it every time or get a match disputed.

thnx again for such a quick response. awesome customer service!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Can't blame you :). You're welcome!