Force server update?

Powerlord
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Force server update?

Post by Powerlord »

As you may have heard, Valve issued an update earlier today to fix the listdeaths server crash that has been going around.

However, they released it as an optional update, meaning that a managed NFO server won't install it.

Is there an option in the control panel somewhere to force a Steam update of the game server?
Admin, RUGC Midwest
Author of the MapChooser Extended plugin and a bunch of others.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Force server update?

Post by kraze »

There is no option to force an update for managed servers but we roll out updates automatically when they are released and posted to Steam news.

I can ask John and see if he can roll it out.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Rolling out optional updates is complicated with TF2 servers here, mostly because if all servers do not receive the update before the next required one, some files end up being missed. Required updates happen every few days for TF2 and it's common for optional updates to occur just a few hours before required ones, so I avoid applying them unless it's clear that a required update is some time away or the optional one is particularly important.

This update has been rolled to base folders now and can be applied through a generic server repair operation.
Powerlord
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Powerlord »

Edge100x wrote:Rolling out optional updates is complicated with TF2 servers here, mostly because if all servers do not receive the update before the next required one, some files end up being missed. Required updates happen every few days for TF2 and it's common for optional updates to occur just a few hours before required ones, so I avoid applying them unless it's clear that a required update is some time away or the optional one is particularly important.

This update has been rolled to base folders now and can be applied through a generic server repair operation.
I don't see a Repair option in the control panel, do I need to file a Support request for that?
Admin, RUGC Midwest
Author of the MapChooser Extended plugin and a bunch of others.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, that is something that we can quickly perform for you. Pleas open up a support request through "Help!" in your control panel.