Help with HTTP Fast Download Server

NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help with HTTP Fast Download Server

Post by NukaColaBomb »

Hello, I am attempting to create an HTTP Fast Download Server for my TF2 server as I have custom content that is over 64KB's. I also have purchased web space for this purpose from NFO. However, I cannot seem to find a link to use for my sv_downloadurl cvar. I am currently trying ones that are like this: (I will replace things I may find personal with NukaColaBomb) http:\\NukaColaBomb.site.nfoservers.com\nukacolabomb\my_tf2.

But, on joining the server it will tell me that I am missing the map that is larger than 64 KB, and I will be promptly disconnected with a "Missing Map" notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Help with HTTP Fast Download Server

Post by Edge100x »

Do you have a managed game server? If so, it would be easiest to use the "Websync" page to connect it up for you.

If you need to do it manually, make sure that you switch the "\" characters in your URL to "/" characters, and that you include a trailing slash. We talk more about setting up FAD manually here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=3605
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by NukaColaBomb »

Ahh, thanks for that, however now I am stumped on this next issue. When checking for my subdomain, it tells me that it is this: nukaserver.site.nfoservers.com

Does this mean that my sv_downloadurl cvar should be this?
sv_downloadurl "http://nukaserver.site.nfoservers.com.n ... et/server/"
If it is that, it may be something on my end as I tried that and am still getting the "Missing Map" message upon connection to the server, and I am sure that I have the map on both my paid for web space on NFO, and on my server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Are you able to download the map files directly, yourself, through the site? Are you sure that they're in the right places, and that the map names have the correct case? You should be able to look at the access log for your webhosting to see what people are requesting and where it is.
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by NukaColaBomb »

I am not able to download the maps myself, but this is what I scrounged up from the access log. (There are more of these, but they are the exact same.)

nukaserver.site.nfoservers.com (An IP) - - [30/Jun/2012:03:54:29 -0700] "GET /server/maps/dm_cloudsdale_final.bsp.bz2 HTTP/1.1" 404 317 "hl2://(An IP):27015" "Half-Life 2"

On my server, my map folder is located here: C:\Game installs\sourcebase\orangebox\tf\maps
On my Webspace, my maps are found here: /usr/www/nukaserver/server/maps

And my sv_downloadurl looks like this:
sv_downloadurl "http://nukaserver.site.nfoservers.com.n ... et/server/"

If it is worth mentioning, I noticed that it is trying to get a file called dm_cloudsdale_final.bsp.bz2. I'm not sure what exactly the .bz2 is, but it is not on the map file itself. Could this be some sort of sound file or such?
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by NukaColaBomb »

Forgot to mention I also have this in the access log

nukaserver.site.nfoservers.com (An IP) - - [30/Jun/2012:03:54:29 -0700] "GET /server/maps/dm_cloudsdale_final.bsp HTTP/1.1" 404 313 "hl2://(An IP):27015" "Half-Life 2"

Which is a file that I know for sure that I have in the maps folder, but is that .bz2 extension on the other file make it a different file than this one?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Your sv_downloadurl setting seems wrong. You have it with both nfoservers.com and nuclearfallout.net all in one address. The nuclearfallout.net part should not be in there, just your normal server address with /server/ at the end.
TimeX
NukaColaBomb
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by NukaColaBomb »

Can someone please help I've tried everything I know ,and I still can't get me Fast Download server to work. I've tried multiple maps. I've had the bz2 on the server and that did nothing. sv_allowdownload is set to 1. I've also checked the sv_downloadurl.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If this is a managed or shared hosting server, we can take a closer look at it for you if you send in a help request from your control panel. The Websync tool should set it all up for you, though.
TimeX