Missing Map When Someone Connects To Server

Disrupted_Hunter
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Missing Map When Someone Connects To Server

Post by Disrupted_Hunter »

I'm having my friend connect to my server that has a custom map I made. I packed the map with Pakrat and compressed it to a bz2 file. I put the bz2 file onto my webhost and I put the bsp file into my maplist but whenever someone connects to my server is tells them the map is missing.

I have sv_allowupload, download, download url and net_maxfilesize set up to what I believe is correct. Am I missing anything?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Missing Map When Someone Connects To Server

Post by TimeX »

Does your map name use any special or capital letters? It may be that the map name is being asked for one way but the web hosting doesn't match it with the file it has.

Does the server log for the web hosting show the correct map name being called for, and does it show a 404 response?
TimeX
Disrupted_Hunter
New to forums
New to forums

No, no crazy lettering. It's just cy4g_trading_beta07 and that's what I'm naming it in the maplist. The server is up and running with the map when I check the status, but how do I check the server log?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If you are using our web hosting, you would need to go to the web hosting control panel and check the "File manager" page. You can see the last few line of access there.
TimeX
Disrupted_Hunter
New to forums
New to forums

I'm looking at it now and it says "No Access". Below where the log would be is this:

"The error log is temporarily disabled due to its amplifying the effect of a DDoS attack on the webhosting. We will be adding a facility to reenable it again in the near future."
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The access log is shown in a large text box that says this right above it:

"For convenience, here are the last 20 lines of the access_log:"

If you see "(No accesses)" in the box, that means that nobody has viewed any pages on your site yet. That would in turn mean that the download URL does not involve the correct subdomain+domain.
Disrupted_Hunter
New to forums
New to forums

I checked my downloadurl and have fixed a problem with it as it was pointing to the wrong URL. My downloadurl now looks like this:

sv_downloadurl "http://cy45.site.nfoservers.com/server/maps/"

Unfortunately though it still is saying that the map is missing. I have both the .bsp and the .bz2 in the 'maps' folder.

After looking through my files on the web host I notice that the .bz2 file is named cy4g_trading_beta07.bsp.bz2. Is it possible that the double extension is messing it up?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You need to leave "maps" out of the URL, as the game inserts this for you (you'll see the URLs it requests in the access log).

Having two extensions like that is normal.
Disrupted_Hunter
New to forums
New to forums

There we go, it now works completely fine. Thank you very much for the help