Sourcemod Problem!

DannyBoy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sourcemod Problem!

Post by DannyBoy »

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but I was not able to make a new post in the sourcemod section of the forum, anyways..

I have a server for Counter Strike: Source, and I am having a problem with Sourcemod and banning in general. It seems that the only bans that actually stick in my server are permanent bans. Anything less than permanent simply disappears after a random time (might be the same amount of time consistently, I just don't pay attention). For example: I would ban someone for a week, and the next day I will see them in my server, I would ban someone permanently and they are nowhere to be seen.

I noticed that in my banned_user.cfg only the perm bans are being written as well.

Any suggestions? I've already spent a lot of time on the help section of my control panel trying to work this out and have yet to find a solution.
Freedom4Gamers
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Sourcemod Problem!

Post by Freedom4Gamers »

I have the same issue on my Zombie Panic! Source server, what I usually do is ban them permanently, but tell them in the ban reason how long they will be banned for until I manually remove them. Also the temp. bans usually wear off after a map change for me.

Look around on allied modders or the sourcemod website, there may be a plugin to store bans in a database.

For now, I recommend you ban permanently if you want them off your server for more than just a map.
GreenPepper
Executive Producer
Freedom4Gamers
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Only Perm bans are writen to file, so any temp bans will be lost when the server restarts. They should be fine on map change, though.
TimeX
DannyBoy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DannyBoy »

Hmm, well whether they are being stored or not, any ban that is not perm disappears.
Freedom4Gamers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Freedom4Gamers »

Alright I did a bit of searching and found this plugin. I may test this plugin on my ZPS server eventually. Note that Allied Mods has yet to approve this plugin, so use with your own risk!

Check it out here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=143548
GreenPepper
Executive Producer
Freedom4Gamers
krazienutz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by krazienutz »

This is because NFO servers reboot daily around 7am PDT. Since the bans aren't written to the file due to not being a permanent ban. This is losing the temporary bans. You might want to look into configuring SourceBans as a solution to handle it for you.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

To clarify, most servers are (by default) restarted daily when they are empty, and not at 7am. If a server never empties out, it will end up being restarted every other day at 7am, which is a sort of emergency backstop.

A plugin to manage them would be best, I agree. Even if our system doesn't restart your server for you, you'll need to occasionally restart it as part of your management.
Sherlock
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Sherlock »

Sourcemod has a bug currently with their banning system, I personally suggest adding SourceBans to your server. I have it in my server, and it works very nicely. It's a lot more professional too!

http://sourcebans.net/
Cory Goodwin
I code: Pawn, Html, PHP, Sql, Java.
I provide support: Websites, TF2, MCraft, DB's, IIS, DNS, Domain, MailClients, GMod, CS 1.6, CSS, Source SDK, SourceMod, ANY Plugin, Ventrillo, Mumble, Teamspeak, Steam Updates.
If you ever need help ask!