New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FastDL problems

Post by Hinchy »

Every time I start my server, the value for sv_downloadurl resets to:

Code: Select all

sv_downloadurl "http://stooge1.site.nfoservers.com/server"
No matter how many times I change it.

This wouldn't be a problem if the FastDL at the above URL actually kept up to date with my maps, but it doesn't. And it doesn't let me use the Websync tab unless I purchase webspace from NFO -- since I already have my own hosting bought and paid for, that's just an outright waste of money.

How can I fix this?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: FastDL problems

Post by soja »

NFO reads your server.cfg and replaces certain values it *thinks* should be set to a specific value. While this is a good thing for new server hosts, advanced hosts can find it annoying(I have quite a few commands that NFO overwrites).

My solution is to put an exec at the end of your server.cfg(make sure it is at the end, or at least after the current sv_downloadurl) with something like:

exec fastdl

then in your cfg folder, make a file called fastdl.cfg, and put in your sv_downloadurl.

This is a temporary fix, im sure NFO will fix it if you let them know via a support ticket, until then, this should work.

Good Luck
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Hi,

You are most likely seeing this because you have the automatic websync checked to re-sync your files each morning. When this happens we also update the current URL with the correct one.

Just go to the websync tab in your control panel and un-select "sync these for me each morning".
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I knew there had to be a tick box for it somewhere, but my websync tab is disabled :P
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

What kind of server is this?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

judging by the files in the site he listed, I would make an educated guess of TF2
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The value of that cvar will only be set if there's a website hosted with us that it's syncing to, so someone has linked your server to that site.

soja, what you're thinking of is separate. Based on what you posted, the only setting that it would potentially overwrite is the threading one, since the others are within standard known-good ranges. That's no longer overwritten, though (previously, using basically any threading would cause serious performance problems, but Valve has fixed those up for the most part in Orangebox; L4D* are still broken).
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Ah ok sorry, I assumed the same system was changing his settings. I was just proposing a quick-fix. The settings I had that were getting overwritten were simply too low for a server with our volume(60 players). With our settings we have 60 players in-game with zero choke and (usually)66 updates. With NFOs after ~30 players we get a ton of choke and pauses during spikes of player activity.

Knew you guys would get his problems solved though :)
Not a NFO employee
Hinchy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hinchy »

It is TF2. My websync tab is disabled and I have no web hosting account associated with the server, yet it still does the sync thing. I had to use Soja's workaround.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure what you mean by your Websync page being disabled. Do you just mean that the primary user isn't letting you see it?

Regardless, though, the fact that the URL is being set means that someone with access to the Websync page and who also has a webhosting account here has configured it. You should open a support request so that we can take a look at this directly and explain your specific situation.