NFO CS:S Server - Pre-Sale Question

TheCREW
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO CS:S Server - Pre-Sale Question

Post by TheCREW »

Hi, I'm interested in buying a 10 man server for my clan. This would strictly be used for scrims. (5v5)

I have a couple questions:
1. What tick rate is the counter-strike server with no ping booster addons?
2. What is the FPS with no ping-boosters/enhancers/etc.

I'm not trying to pay $20/M for a 10 man server, but 10.55 is fine. I just want to know if I should go with GameServers.com 66 tick instead for like $7.

Thanks!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: NFO CS:S Server - Pre-Sale Question

Post by soja »

Personal experience with gameservers.com says stay away, they are a large company that uses leased and overloaded hardware.

CS:S currently locks tickrate to 66 and fps to 66.7. This goes for all servers(if gameservers.com has something else listed they're lying to you). There is an addon that will allow you to change the tickrate, which is linked in NFO's control panel. You may need to open a ticket if you go this route, to have -tickrate 100 added to your command line(at no extra charge)

For scrims NFO is the only option, with Internap bandwidth and their underloaded servers, there is no question where you should rent a scrim server. I rent a dedicated machine and a vds from here and it is amazing.

Another reason to go NFO for a scrim server is their auto-installers which includes some league/competitive style scripts/maps for single click installation:

EDIT: Just joined a gameservers.com "2000FPS" CS:S server, and it was 66FPS, they are ripping people off REALLY bad($4/slot)
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

If I remember correctly when Valve got rid of high FPS for CSS they got rid of it. FPS really doesn't mean anything anymore it is truly all about tickrate, there actually the same. Hence if you install that tickrate enabler plugin Soja is talking about your server side FPS increases from 66.67 to 100..

Unfortunately the competitive scene and players in general are just so uninformed on how the engine/game truly works it is near impossible to tell people different. I understand why GS is selling those types of servers, If people are buying them at $4.00 a slot.

Our CEO has an in-depth post here on how FPS worked and how it now works here;
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=5831

It is definitely worth a read.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TheCREW
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheCREW »

So, does the default CSS server run at 66 or 33 tick? :D
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

66 tick