[DOD:S] Teammate Damage from Spade

Plunkin
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[DOD:S] Teammate Damage from Spade

Post by Plunkin »

Hey all! Just wanted to run something by everyone here because I can't figure this out...

I just moved our DOD:S Gungame server here from another host. It's basically a mirror image except for the server specific configs... server.cfg, database.cfg, etc. I'm like 95% sure nothing else changed. I basically copied everything over via server to server ftp.

Everything is running fine except on the old server you could not cause damage to a teammate with a spade, but on the new server here you can! Is there a setting somewhere, like a cvar I am missing? I'm thinking it's something so obvious, is why I can't see it! :? :oops:

On a side note... I'm really liking it here :D
AdultGamersCommunity.com
Made for adults, by adults... prepubescent whiners not allowed!

Nails wrote: Well, one thing we can be proud of is when we do something, good or bad, we don't half ass it!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: [DOD:S] Teammate Damage from Spade

Post by Edge100x »

Do you have mp_friendlyfire turned on overall, or are other weapons not causing teammate damage and only the spade is?
Plunkin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Plunkin »

Yes, FF has always been, and is turned on. And yes, all other weapons always did, and still does, cause teammate damage. The spade as a secondary weapon never did cause damage until the move.
AdultGamersCommunity.com

Nails wrote: Well, one thing we can be proud of is when we do something, good or bad, we don't half ass it!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I could be mistaken, but it sounds like your old server may have been incomplete or modified by the host, as I don't think the spade is supposed to be excluded from the list of weapons that can harm teammates. You might be able to find a plugin that would compensate for this, but I don't immediately see one.
Plunkin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Plunkin »

Those were my thoughts also. I can't find a plugin that will suit what I'm looking for. I guess I'll have to inlist someone's plugin writing skills over at Alliedmodders... or we'll live with it. Thanks for your input :wink:
AdultGamersCommunity.com

Plunkin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Plunkin »

Resolved...
So simple I just overlooked it :lol:

dod_friendlyfiresafezone "250"
AdultGamersCommunity.com