HL StatsX on two servers.

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HL StatsX on two servers.

Post by Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck »

Hello.

I have a TF2 Gameserver with HL StatsX purchased.
I'd like to add another server for my community, but would like to track the stats between the two servers and have them be combined for my players.
How do I go about this?
And, would i have to purchase HL StatsX again when ordering, or is ordering on one server sufficient?

Thank you.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: HL StatsX on two servers.

Post by Edge100x »

You can get by on one install without buying the second, yes. This is not officially supported.

To combine the servers' stats, you could add the second one inside the HLStatsX installation of the first, through the admin pages. You would also need to set up the server to stream its logs to the same IP and port as the first server, and you would need to restart the back-end daemon through our control panel.
Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck
New to forums
New to forums

Edge100x wrote:You can get by on one install without buying the second, yes. This is not officially supported.

To combine the servers' stats, you could add the second one inside the HLStatsX installation of the first, through the admin pages. You would also need to set up the server to stream its logs to the same IP and port as the first server, and you would need to restart the back-end daemon through our control panel.
Thank you. But being a novice, could you be more explicit about the bolded parts? Appreciate the help.
Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck
New to forums
New to forums

ahhh. I think i found the first part in the admin for my hlstatx, in the "Game Settings / Team Fortress 2/ Add Server" ... is that correct?

But.."set up the server to stream its logs to the same IP and port as the first server" i don't know what to edit to make it perform this.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

use the logaddress_add that is provided to you for your first server and put that on the second server(typically in the aurtoexec.cfg or server.cfg)

you can view current addresses your server is logging to by typing logaddress_list in the servers console.
Not a NFO employee