cold--
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TF2 - SteamPipe - sv_pure 2

Post by cold-- »

Re: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source ... issues/216

Hello,

I'm a community staff member for TF2's biggest competitive league, UGC. Our matches require that server operators run sv_pure 2. We've noticed that TF2 servers now default to sv_pure "0" and cannot be changed through a config because of its new behavior (see the link above). However, servers can have their sv_pure status changed through the startup command line "-sv_pure 2" and server operators can lower the status after the server has started.

How can I start my server with custom startup commands?
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: TF2 - SteamPipe - sv_pure 2

Post by Spray »

The NFO staff were discussing what to do about that situation, and will likely add an option to the control panel for it. For now, just throw in a support ticket and they can get it changed for you.
cold--
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cold-- »

OK thank you. As you may or may not know, the league I work with has hundreds of teams. Most in North America. I'm about to make a news post very soon and this could effect traffic to NFO's support team. I don't want to flood them with support tickets if they can work out a solution soon and avoid a lot of work.

I will hold off as long as I can before making a news post on "How to set sv_pure 2" as long as I can. If anything changes with the NFO Control Panel, please PM me so I can spread the news throughout the TF2-sphere.

Thanks again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The option to set +sv_pure 1 on the command line has now been added to the "Server control" page.

After adjusting this, you can bump it up to 2 through the autoexec.cfg -- just put "sv_pure 2" at the top of it.

(I may improve this to have a selector with all of the numbers later on, but I wanted to get a quick fix in place for you.)
cold--
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cold-- »

Thank you for the quick response! I appreciate your efforts very much. I will post a tutorial on how to do this through the Control Panel through our website, which I hope will alleviate any support traffic.

Thanks again.