Custom Maps On COD4 Server

ZacharyS
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Custom Maps On COD4 Server

Post by ZacharyS »

Ok firstly you only need to have the commands in one of the cfg files and our server has them in the configs/server/others.cfg file.

Secondly IGNORE the line that says "Leave this value at 0 until you get into the server". I'm not sure why the authors put that in, but we've (well I've) found that the simplest way is to enable everything in the config file (I'll post the lines in a second). It caused problems trying to spawn the bots after joining the server, but maybe that was just me being dumb. If it works, before you join you'll be able to see if the bots have spawned by the player #'s in the server browser.

Thirdly I was on your server earlier today and you have Punkbuster enabled atm, bots won't spawn if Punkbuster is enabled, no matter how hard you try or how nicely you speak to them :lol: . So in the line that you start your server with you'll need to add this at the start (position is unimportant I think it just has to be in the shortcut that starts your server) I understand it's possible to add that to the (in your case) ow2.cfg file on a separate line - but that's been problematic for us in the past so I'd suggest just adding it to the startup shortcut.
+set sv_punkbuster 0
That'll disable punkbuster and allow the bots to spawn. It's the same for any server that utilises bots, PB has to be disabled.

If the server is started via the nfo control panel - I have no experience with that because we run our servers off our own NFO VDS. But there should be an option in the control panel somewhere to disable Punkbuster. If there isn't then I'm sure tech support won't mind helping you with that.

Now the commands in the config file (remember it's the "configs/server/others.cfg" file:
// Enables the ability to use test bots for testing
// 0 = Disabled (default), 1 = Enabled
set scr_allow_testclients "1"

// Leave this value at 0 until you enter the server.
// Make sure to uncomment it if you plan on using it.
// Whatever value is then entered will spawn that many bots.
// 0 = default
set scr_testclients "20"
You obviously only want "10" for the # of bots. And if your shortcut isn't too long you could even add the second commad "set scr_tes" blah blah - to the shortcut if you wanted.

The bots will only spawn for one round - so as the map changes they'll disappear, but that's a good thing because as I said they're not pezbots and you'll soon get very tired of them. :)

Hope that helps.

Peace.

Zac. :D
Jackal
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jackal »

ZacharyS wrote:Ok firstly you only need to have the commands in one of the cfg files and our server has them in the configs/server/others.cfg file.

Secondly IGNORE the line that says "Leave this value at 0 until you get into the server". I'm not sure why the authors put that in, but we've (well I've) found that the simplest way is to enable everything in the config file (I'll post the lines in a second). It caused problems trying to spawn the bots after joining the server, but maybe that was just me being dumb. If it works, before you join you'll be able to see if the bots have spawned by the player #'s in the server browser.

Thirdly I was on your server earlier today and you have Punkbuster enabled atm, bots won't spawn if Punkbuster is enabled, no matter how hard you try or how nicely you speak to them :lol: . So in the line that you start your server with you'll need to add this at the start (position is unimportant I think it just has to be in the shortcut that starts your server) I understand it's possible to add that to the (in your case) ow2.cfg file on a separate line - but that's been problematic for us in the past so I'd suggest just adding it to the startup shortcut.
+set sv_punkbuster 0
That'll disable punkbuster and allow the bots to spawn. It's the same for any server that utilises bots, PB has to be disabled.

If the server is started via the nfo control panel - I have no experience with that because we run our servers off our own NFO VDS. But there should be an option in the control panel somewhere to disable Punkbuster. If there isn't then I'm sure tech support won't mind helping you with that.

Now the commands in the config file (remember it's the "configs/server/others.cfg" file:
// Enables the ability to use test bots for testing
// 0 = Disabled (default), 1 = Enabled
set scr_allow_testclients "1"

// Leave this value at 0 until you enter the server.
// Make sure to uncomment it if you plan on using it.
// Whatever value is then entered will spawn that many bots.
// 0 = default
set scr_testclients "20"
You obviously only want "10" for the # of bots. And if your shortcut isn't too long you could even add the second commad "set scr_tes" blah blah - to the shortcut if you wanted.

The bots will only spawn for one round - so as the map changes they'll disappear, but that's a good thing because as I said they're not pezbots and you'll soon get very tired of them. :)

Hope that helps.

Peace.

Thanks again Zac 8) :D

You know I thought that punkbuster might be the problem and I was going to take out the commands from the ow2.cfg but I was not sure and I thought I would ask. When I run the bots I will disable punkbuster but only when I run bots. I really like punkbuster I have all the current pb files for COD4 before they stopped supporting it in 2014. I even have the pb _server.cfg I got them from PBBans.com I have had my server for a short time and punkbuster has already kicked and banned players for aim bots and other hacks. I love punkbuster and I feel that when the new Call Of Duty comes out everything may be supported again my indication of that is that the master server list is back in the server list of the COD4 Modern Warfare. I hope Activision, InfinityWard and evenbalance can work out their differences since COD4 is still very popular 3,000 plus servers.

I feel you have gone way above board in answering my questions, not many people would do that now days and I thank you very much. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Thanks again,
Jackal
May peace always be with you my friend.
ZacharyS
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ZacharyS »

You're very welcome Jackal, just glad I could help a little. We COD4 players/server admins need to support each other to keep it alive. It's a great mod and I really enjoy all the improvements they made. It's just a shame their site appears to have closed. :cry:

Peace.