CoD2 Server Awaiting connection and redirect

airitech
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CoD2 Server Awaiting connection and redirect

Post by airitech »

Hey guys, i have a VPS through you guys and im having some trouble with a cod2 server. Please keep in mind i also run a cod4 server and that works flawlessly so im not sure where to go.

Server is up, shows on the master list and everything, when you connect, it shows awaiting connection FOREVER. I mean it will eventually go through, but a couple times ive had it hit about 80. A buddy of mine said it took 200. And sometimes it doesnt even connect. Also my ping shows me that its 29.

So im not sure whats causing that, the cod4 server works perfectly so.

Also, my server runs a mod and i have the lite hosting plan through you guys. For players to download the mod i setup a redirect with my hosting. It shows it downloads it, but it downloads at 3 kb/s, when i manually download it off off chrome it downloads in less than a second. Thanks for the help!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: CoD2 Server Awaiting connection and redirect

Post by Edge100x »

Does the server take a long time to work without the mod enabled, as well?

Are you sure that the mod is being downloaded through the site and not the game?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CoD2 Server Awaiting connection and redirect

Post by TacTicToe »

If you are running both servers on the same box and you do not have multiple IPs you'll want to make sure you are launching the servers using different ports. Both of these servers use the same default port of 28960. Add '+set net_port 28961' to the command line of your COD2 server and launch and see if it works. Make sure you have the dummy account setup for your COD2 server as well.

As for the download speed off your redirect, there is probably an issue with the setup in your config. Can you post the section of your server config that has the redirect info as well as the link to your redirect?