Call of duty 4 with cod4x mod

rayman
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Call of duty 4 with cod4x mod

Post by rayman »

Hi im bit new and trying to setup a cod4 server with cod4x mod the problem seems to be is running rcon software don't seem to work, software i been trying use is paronicon 2 but when trying to use rcon pass keeps coming up saying wrong rcon pass is incorrect though the settings are matching passwords, then i tried b3 and keeps coming up with db error (database) though i got the settings as set to the directory location so my question is does someone have a cod4x modded server working and are they using a rcon software, if so what they are using and how they got it working
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Call of duty 4 with cod4x mod

Post by Spray »

One of the more common issues with the RCON problem you're describing is that many mods come with their own server.cfg file, or execute additional .cfg files. You will want to double check that any config file included with the mod you're attempting to run isn't setting the RCON password to something else, preventing your RCON connection from working.

As for B3, what is the specific database error you're seeing?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Our CoD4 servers are using the CoD4x mod. One of the best 3rd party fixes there are!

We use the 1.10.10 with no issues but you could always try using the cod4x.py parser.

https://github.com/ph03n1x9000/CoD4x-parser
SmokingJoePot
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SmokingJoePot »

Doesn't NFO run cod4 version 1.7 also? The reason I'm asking is I'm interested in opening a server with 1.7 version of Cod4.
femme
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by femme »

Yes the do run 1.7. I have a couple of cod4 custom modded servers through NFO and I use modernrcon and it works fine, maybe try that.