Call of duty 4 admin mod?

hardcore
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Call of duty 4 admin mod?

Post by hardcore »

Looking at switching our long time counterstrike server over to a Call of Duty 4 server. Before we do, I am trying to gain as much information I can admining for COD.

Is it all command prompt rcon based? Or is there an adminmod for it yet, like mani/beetles for counterstrike?

Thanks in advance
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Haven't heard of any out yet, usually eXtreme has one, but CoD4 is a new game and last I heard they were waiting on some code from IW. They usually have a rcon menu.

As of right now with my knowledge, its just RCON. There may be some basic admin mods around that provides very basic functionality.
-Nick
aMies|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Call of duty 4 admin mod?

Post by aMies|NFo »

There haven't been any server-side mods released as of yet, however to assist you with the administration of your server you may want to take a look at the new ModernRcon v0.3.

http://www.codhq.com/modules.php?name=N ... le&sid=217
-Andrew "aMies" Miesner
Drake
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Drake »

Our clan has been using ModernRcon and it works well.
hardcore
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hardcore »

Anyone know if there is a reserved slot system for Call of duty 4?

Thanks again for the above responses.
aMies|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by aMies|NFo »

In CoD4 there is a reserved slot system built in. All you need to do is set the following commands in your server.cfg. As you can see, the information I have below is just an example. You should replace the password with what you want and set the private clients to a number that you want, which of course, needs to be less than your max clients.

Code: Select all

set sv_privatePassword "password"  //private slot password
set sv_privateclients 2   //how many of the slots are private
-Andrew "aMies" Miesner
hardcore
New to forums
New to forums

Post by hardcore »

So does that mean that if I put 2 reserved slots, that will subtract from the total slots available. I have a 22 slot server, so 2 slots as reserved would be 20 available to the public?

So when I log onto one of the passworded slots, does that fill one of them? So only 2 people are really getting reserved slots?

Kind of confusing, but I'm hoping there is a system like counterstrike where you can log in under the reserved slot and then kick someone. That keeps the reserved slots open at all times.
aMies|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by aMies|NFo »

So does that mean that if I put 2 reserved slots, that will subtract from the total slots available. I have a 22 slot server, so 2 slots as reserved would be 20 available to the public?
That is correct. Setting x amount of private slots will deduct it from your total player slots.
So when I log onto one of the passworded slots, does that fill one of them? So only 2 people are really getting reserved slots?
That is also correct. By joining you are filling up one of the designated reserved slots.
-Andrew "aMies" Miesner